The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Aaron Rodgers on religion

I normally don’t care what a celebrity thinks, but I found this interesting, as he expresses a core belief we all hold.

"I don’t know how you can believe in a God who wants to condemn most of the planet…to a fiery hell. What type of loving, sensitive, omnipresent, omnipotent being wants to condemn most of his beautiful creation to a fiery hell at the end of all this?”

1 Like

He certainly is awash in a sea of bad information.

I may be wrong but i suspect even if he heard about CU it wouldn’t change his lack of belief. Many people say what he said instead of just saying “I don’t see enough evidence of God.”

BS

BS

Listen to the real deal. http://www.danicapatrick.com/podcast/aaron-rodgers

Gosh, you guys are impossible. Jesus Mary and Joseph, I can’t believe how infantile your reactions are without even listening to the post.

At some point you could be categorized as ‘FAKE NEWS’

LOL Tough crowd. I’ve heard that accusation about more here than just Dave and Steve.

did you listen to the podcast?

I did; as my response indicated, I liked it.

Could please spell out clearly what BS means MM?

I did listen to the part where AR talked about religion. Among many things he mentioned that did not resonate with him like the structure of it the binary , it was black and white, the heaven or hell.
What seemed to bother him the most was Calvinism or predestination where God saved a few and condemned the rest to a fiery hell.
But my sense was that AR personality is a free spirit kind of person and even if you told AR about CU & even the kind where Christ’s atonement automatically covers everyone , I think he would appreciate it but still look to other less structured kinds of spirituality.

I really think he would say or feel that , what kind of God would make his Son die such a terrible death on the cross to save everyone and still find that Christianity does not resonate with him.

:+1:

Could be, but maybe he has a point that many evangelicals could look at and ponder to as why such a smart superstar with an evangelical upbringing is looking elsewhere for what God wants?