AIO in the NT

As I noted in my review of God’s Final Victory (qaz’ official review of God’s Final Victory), Kronen and Reitan propose a theory for how universal salvation is achieved, which they call the Argument from Infinite Opportunity (AIO). In short, God gives us an infinite opportunity to be saved, which is amazing news! The best possible news. Here are three texts from the NT that I think support the AIO.

John 6:37
All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Matthew 7
*7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. *

^This creates quite a dilemma for ETs. They of course will deny that a person in Gehenna who asks to be saved will receive salvation, that the person in Gehenna who seeks heaven will find heaven, and that the person who knocks from the inside of Gehenna will have gates that enclose him opened. But Jesus didn’t give a deadline with this statement.

Luke 11:13
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

But the second two verses you mentioned, can also validate the health and prosperity gospel. Joel Osteen - here I come :laughing:

But Jesus didn’t give a deadline with this statement.

They would quote Hebrews where it says “to die once and then the judgment” and claim the judgment is final and sends unbelievers to eternal hell. So the key is once again about what the judgment entails.

The problem is heightened when you consider that ET’s make their given arguments based upon certain assumptions/presuppositions. The problem EU’s have is they buy into the self-same assumptions/presuppositions… but simply argue the other side of the coin — IMO the coin currency is wrong, i.e., ET’s & EU’s are flipping the wrong coin. :astonished:

This came to me today - via email - from Roman Catholic priest and theologian:

Richard Rohr’s Daily Meditation at cac.org/

What do you think of these texts Steve?