The Evangelical Universalist Forum

All You Want to Know About Hellby Steve Gregg

Steve Gregg’s book “All You Want to Know About Hell” is the best book I’ve ever read (outside the Bible).

It’s masterful.

Check out the reviews on amazon. This book is going to shake the church up a lot more than Rob Bells book did.

Thanks for the info. It looks like a great book. Below is from a review:

amazon.com/All-Want-Know-About-Hell/dp/1401678300

Steve

My wife and I both downloaded the book on our kindles. I also bought a hard copy. It’s excellent! It examines the three views of hell, gives the arguments for each, and discusses attempted rebuttals of each. I think that Steve displays more effective scriptural arguments for universal reconciliation than either of the other views, even though he is quite fair to the proponents of each view.

Steve, personally, disbelieves in the traditional view of everlasting torment. However, after many years of study, he has not yet taken a firm position as to whether annihilation or universal reconciliation is the actual case. He believes there are a lot of scriptural evidence for both. But in my opinion, he leans more toward universal reconciliation.

Steve’s online forum contains posts from some deep thinkers and researchers. At least two of them are strong infernalists, but some also promote UR while others promote annihilationism. So it’s quite a mix. You may want to check out the forum (or even join it). I would be happy to see more posts to it by evangelical universalists.

theos.org/forum/

1 Like

"]Steve Gregg is a Bible teacher, writer and radio talk-show host. For sixteen years he lectured on the Bible at the Great Commission School, then in McMinnville, Oregon. Since 1997 he has hosted the daily radio talk show The Narrow Path heard on many radio stations nationally. He is also the other of Revelation: Four Views Revised and Updated which was the 1998 nominee for the Gold Medallion Book Awards of the Evangelical Christian Publisher’s Association.

Interesting discussion about him/book at Rethinking Hell.

I have recently read Steve Gregg’s book and agree that it is excellent and a valuable resource to give to others who are interested in investigating the issue.
I just also listened to a very good 70 minute interview with Steve about his book by Chris Date at Rethinking Hell. I really appreciate his attitude.
rethinkinghell.com/2013/10/e … eve-gregg/

I, too, have Steve’s book both in physical form and on my Kindle. It’s a very thorough treatment of the three views.

Discussion of the book can be read here on Steve’s forum:

theos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=4415

At least two people participating in that discussion seem to presume that Steve Gregg is pushing universalism. He isn’t. He made it clear in his book that he was presenting the best arguments he could find for each of the three views as well as the best rebuttals for each view. He does his best to present the best case for each view in an unbiased way.

Steve has made it clear in his forum that he is still undecided as to whether annihilation or universal reconciliation is the actuality for the lost. Of the three views, I think the only certainty that he feels is that eternal torment is NOT the case.

Paidion said:

:laughing: I haven’t seen that name before. In any case I think I know who you’re referring to, so don’t lose heart, ever! The same strong emphasis and focus on the judgment of God which they champion is precisely what has led me to consider the UR case, leaving my old suspicions as premature. If I only come to more fully appreciate those in my family who hope in such a beautiful restoration, then we should consider that peace well worked on your part.

Grace and peace to you man.