The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Are all our sins—past, present, and future—already forgiven?

By Gosh you all, I am a sinner amongst sinners, But I am here to tell you that I am a priest of God. I understand what His son/Christ did and I want everyone else to understand that. Your blunders are all bull hockey…

Let’s look at the historical view of the OT and NT and maybe quit looking at the modern interpretation of Christ being a personal savior, we may well figure this thing out. :laughing: God is a loving father and provider. :wink:

I concur… intentional OR unintentional “blunders” don’t really factor into the definition of “trespass” < παράπτωμα > paraptōma, it is simply —
1) to fall beside or near something 2) a lapse or deviation from truth and uprightness 2a) a sin, misdeed.

Gabe, first let me make clear that I have never indicated, nor do I believe, that all of my sins have been unintentional. The meaning of “wrongdoing” or “sin” as I understand it, are those actions a person takes that harms others and/or himself.

The belief I “espouse” is that there are two basic forms of wrong doing.

1. The INTENTIONAL
    God does not overlook or pardon intentional wrongdoing. IF the intentional sinner repents (has a change of heart and mind about what he did), God will grant him true forgiveness, and the sinner’s relationship with God will restored.

Jesus said that we also are to forgive those who intentionally sin against us IF they repent.

1. The UNINTENTIONAL
    Blunders can be made which harm other people or oneself without meaning such harm. God or other people may pardon these blunders even if the offender does not repent. Yet,it would be wise to point out to the offender how his actions have hurt others or himself, so that he will not repeat such acts. However, if we refuse to pardon the blunders of others, God will not pardon OUR blunders. (Matthew 6:15)