The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Can a Christian woman also be a Sex-worker

Yeah, sure! Haven’t you heard? We are free from the law!!! Yeeeehhhaawwww!!!
O.K., that was a bit of sarcasm. My very unprofessional opinion is an emphatic, no. My reason would be that God’s “law” is higher than man’s law. It is holy and brings good to those who keep it. (Can’t work for your salvation by keeping it but, because we love Him and can discern truth and desire what is right - TO HIM - seems like a good reason to me. You? However, there are a lot of people and churches that would just call it love not to be honest about the truthful standard God has given us for our good, if you’re into negating any responsibility to the Almighty or your neighbor. My unsolicited advice is, go with God! Blessings and Peace to you, Garf!

Revelation 21:8 ESV But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

The Greek word translated as “the sexually immoral” is “πορνος” which means “consorters with prostitutes” or as the King James Bible renders it: “whoremongers”. So according to this verse, it is obvious that consorting with prostitutes is wrong since those who do so will have their part in the lake of fire. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this applies to the prostitutes as well.

I think prostitution is wrong. Others disagree. Even if I’m right, can Christians do things that are wrong and still be Christians?

For my own sake, I certainly hope so.

I believe the world’s laws are never binding on Christians. A man under God, truly needs no other king – although we subject ourselves in humility if doing so does not deny Christ. And a man under God, needs no extra license – God is true liberty and anything that goes against that is actually slavery.

So it always comes down to what God permits as evidenced in scripture, not what the foolish rulers of this age permit us to do. Does God allow us to have (sexual) union with anyone outside of marriage? I think the scriptures offer a rather emphatic “no” on that one. See your other thread.

[Edit: Nevertheless, sex work is incredibly complicated, often accompanied by crippling drug addictions and childhood (sexual, physical and emotional) trauma that traps women in that trade. I still maintain that sex outside of a committed monogamous couple is not a position that God is actively pleased in — and rarely are the women pleased in that position too. But having since worked with street sex workers, I withdraw the strict and uncharitable position of my post above: God will take followers from any walks, in whatever capacity they can respond to the light they receive (given the many spiritual, cultural and social restraints they face).]

Just a mini end note on this from me . . . Some men may be enticed under some sick, hopeful delusion that it would be acceptable for a chrisitan woman to also be a sex worker. As a woman, I must say, this is not what one of my gender would consider “freedom in Christ”. I would also suspect that many honorable men, christian or not, would find this idea to be revolting as well, if you can find one to take you seriously. :unamused:

I don’t believe that I can be a good christian no matter how hard I try.
I have no desire to stand in judgement over a prostitute because I have absolutely no reason to assume that her life is any more sinful than my own.

That’s true. It is God who tells us what is right and what is wrong.
Recognizing sin doesn’t make you judgmental. Saying that you are better than someone else while you have a plank in your own eye, doing the same thing, is being judgmental. (Romans 2:22)

Love defined in Romans . . .

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
(Rom 13:8-14)

Thy righteousness is righteousness to the age, And Thy law is truth.

(Psa 119:142)

That’s awesome. You call yourself a Christian and you actually believe what the Bible says! That is really rare nowadays. :smiley:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

What the bible “says” is many, many things. Scripture was used to defend slavery for centuries.

What the Bible “means” has been growing and moving as the Spirit moves. The Word is a Living being, and what he reveals in His word reflects His purposes for the age.

I can barely read any scripture now without seeing that the answer is Christ is triumphant over sin and death, that He redeems all His children. But 15 years ago I wouldn’t have even understood the question. The Spirit is moving.

Fornication = sexual immoral =Paul Defines in 1 Cor 10:8 compare to Nu 25: 1-8 , Nu 31 clearly define fornication as joining in with the pagan fertility Baal worship. In promise to get good farm corps and more productive farm animals. Also they required baby or child sacrifice to the pagan ferlitity Baal god.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Expose_Wrong_Sex_Teaching_With_URLs

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Pre-Marital_Sex_NOT_a_Sin_In_Today_Modern_Days

The pagan fertility god pagan temple get thousand of pagan fertility god prostitutes to go out and bait and seduce all to join in with the worship to their pagan fertility god.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Fornication_Correctly_Defined_with_all_Bible_Verses

NOTHING WRONG with non-pagan prostitution that does NOT join in with the worship of the pagan fertility god worship. Can you see the difference?

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Prostitution_What_Did_Jesus_Think_about_Prostitution

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=PROSTITUTION_From_the_Book_Divine_Sex

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Prostitution_Legalize_during_the_Civil_War_Time_to_Solve_the_STD_problem.

Yada, yada, yada!

I think Professor Stink About-it, took the wrong pill!

He would be much better off, trying to revive this!