The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Carson: On Banishing The Lake Of Fire

I imagine Carson would find Talbott’s attack on Calvinism off-putting but I reckon Parry is on his radar.

Don Carson is worthy of respect and if he is indeed speaking about universalism and exclusivism at the upcoming Gospel Coalition Conference - see separate thread - it will be interesting to see if he responds to Robin’s proposal. It would be a shame if he didn’t.

If I end up attending his panel at the Chicago conference in April (the week before Easter week), I’ll definitely be reading and digesting this chapter first as well as any related material from DC I can get my hands on in the limited time available beforehand.

Totally, not just asthetically (the stench of burning flesh, the incessant screaming, the ugly billowing black smoke outside the open front gates) but also emotionally, given that 90% of humanity would be in it, including family, friends and love ones. Even if God annihilated all of them, unless He then brainwashes the believers (which is problematic on multiple levels), there would be a huge problem of our immortal memories :confused:

Whilst there are some passage which may appear, on initial reading, to be a response, I think there are many more that support EU and that the overall theme of the Bible is God creating, us rebelling and Him bringing everything back to Himself, for His glory and our good.

I don’t know if this is correct or not, I’d have to ask someone like Bob Wilson who has researched this.