The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Cold Case Christianity vs universalism

And lastly Part 2 of JWW’s redated podcast goes up.

coldcasechristianity.com/2013/an … -2-podcast

(Or I suppose lastly. For all I know there are three and we’ll see the next one next weekend. But whatever. :slight_smile: )

From JWW’s “Why Doesn’t God Reform People Rather Than Punish Them in Hell?”
coldcasechristianity.com/2013/wh … m-in-hell/ :

So many flaws in this paragraph alone, I don’t know where to begin.

1. Ok, I’ll begin with the first sentence. “God is patient.” That is about all I can agree with in this paragraph. The question is how long is God patient? Does His patience run out after we die? A God who has been around for eons of eternity past suddenly finds that His patience runs out after just 70-80 years of life (if we are lucky)?

2. “He’s given each of us a lifetime to respond to His discipline and change our mind” Some babies and young children excepted. And some adolescents. And some teenagers. And some young adults. And some grown adults. And some middle agers. And that about somes it up. How long is a lifetime again?

3. “It cannot be said that God failed to give us opportunity to repent.” Except for the aforementioned cases. And also for those who haven’t heard, though a case can be made in he arena of conscience and awareness of a Creator.

4. “When we are rebellious to the point of exhaustion” God gets exhausted? I can picture a haggled mother trying to keep her mischievous young triplets in line, running after them all day to the point of exhaustion, but not God.

5. God has no choice but to deliver on His warnings" God has no choice? I thought He was Sovereign?