The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Coronavirus - a symptom of Creation's brokenness

Why does Coronavirus exist? Is it God’s Will? Does He allow it? Thinking about the Coronavirus led me to a new idea about how the disease is Creation’s response to its brokenness.

We all have become worshipers of fear! We only talk about corona and it’s evil possibilities. But how many of us are talking more of the power of God? How many of us are recognising the fact that we have not really invested much in solidifying our immune system when everything else looked normal. How many of us, when things were ok, practiced deep breathing to strengthen our lungs that then can defy any virus of the world ?

Now we are coming to our senses! After all money can not save us, our love for God and love for self with strong immunity can save us for sure!

Time for contemplation!

~~Bodhi

The article does not present the Coronavirus as something to fear. It talks about how there are good viruses in the human body on which we rely. Coronavirus and other diseases result from humanity’s failures to live up to our our role as God’s stewards of the Earth, a sin for which one cause is hyperindividualism as I outline in the article.

True. But in order to appreciate, the “goodness” the article suggests…we need to first overcome the fear. :wink:

Agreed, which is why the article says that viruses are neither good nor bad, just the outcome of the ongoing actualisation of the laws of nature.

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Well, anyway. Illinois has just issued a stay at home order, effective until April 7. But it can be extended. And one can go out, for essential services. It brings to mind a song. :crazy_face:

So my first order of business is to survey the BBC news.

Well, I’m in with other inmates. What else is new? :crazy_face:

Gee! I need a good, blues song, to cheer us all up. :crazy_face:

Well, anyway. This email comes from a Lakota medicine person today. I’ll share the message with you, he got from the Great Spirit (i.e. God, creator, etc.). I take this as very accurate. But it’s for YOU to decide, for yourself. For the record, besides the Christian church…I have spent decades with Native American Medicine people, Holy People from the East, and healing and contemplation groups. I am also a pipe carrier.

Hello Pšitó Lúta Glešká Oýate (Spotted Red Bead People) Tiyospaye,

We hope you have a very happy and healthy beginning of spring. It has been a while since I have personally written to our extended family. The other day while sitting at the dining table, I heard a voice say, “When the dead leaves fall from the trees, so shall the coronavirus (COVID-19)." Here in DeMotte Indiana, many of our oak trees still have light brown leaves clinging to the lower branches. My first thought was when the temperature warms, dead leaves fall, and most viruses dissipate. With respect to the unknowns surrounding COVID-19 the warmer weather may or may not affect it.

This morning while sitting at the dining table looking out at the oak trees, I heard the same voice say, “with respect to COVID-19, fill your pipes and ask to take down and put away.” In their usual tone, spirit never gives me a full explanation as to their meaning. “Take down and put away;” for me this has a profound understanding of how one prays with the pipe. As I have been taught, a person should only put positive prayers in the Caŋnuŋpa (Sacred Pipe). One could ask for protection for the family but never ask to bring harm to others. The Caŋnuŋpa is used for prosperity, peace and healing for the people; no more war pipes.

With this said, how do we deal with such a deadly virus? The statement “Take down and put away” is in fact, Mitakúye Oyasin (we are all related). Like it or not the COVID-19 virus is a relative to us. It too, has a spirit. When we pray with our pipes, we are asking for protection for our families and for the people of the world that this virus be “taken down and put away,” not destroyed, that would result in doing harm. When we pray with our pipes it is to help the people and prayers must always be positive; please remember what we put into the Caŋnuŋpa comes back to us.

So, with this said, if you carry a Caŋnuŋpa, I would like to request that tomorrow morning, Saturday, March 21, at 10:00 AM or whenever possible consider filling your Caŋnuŋpa with this prayer; “for protection of our families and the people of the world, that the COVID-19 virus be taken down and put away.” I trust spirit as I always have and will always try to pay attention to their teachings. If you do not carry a Caŋnuŋpa then take a few minutes to send your own heartfelt prayer to the four directions. Together, there is great power in prayer.

Here is some wisdom I got today, from an Eastern connection.

Don’t be too serious with life. It is a play. That too, not for too long. We have come here to play different roles but we suffer only when we forget we are role playing and start to get totally identified with role and the character! The more sakshi you become, witnessing your role play, the more possibilities open for you to see how higher intelligence is playing its role through you. Then you frown less and smile more. You start to enjoy a natural sense of humour and stop taking things personally! That is a great leap of consciousness. Nothing can bother you, you know it is all temporary and it is role play!

Play and seek the true Player!

~~Bodhi

And incorporate these important prayers, from the New Thought and Eastern communities - into your daily routine… :crazy_face:

Prayer of Protection:

The light of God surrounds me;
The love of God enfolds me;
The power of God protects me;
The presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is!

James Dillet Freeman

And here’s an Eastern Prayer for World Peace:

May Everyone, Everywhere Be Happy.
Let Each And Every Heart Be Filled
With Love, Peace And Joy.
May All Miseries Be Destroyed.
And, May Each And Every Soul
Thirst To Reach God.
Om Peace, Peace, Peace

And this comes from the university, where I got my master’s in psychology. :crazy_face:

Remember, Folks. Things could be MUCH worse. Just watch The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead on AMC, on Sunday evening - to put everything into perspective. :crazy_face:

I was recently on Youtube and watched a few videos by an ex-Christian. He slams both futurists (names Michael Brown and John Piper) and preterists (names Don Preston). Regarding people like Brown, the guy in the video asks where are their miracles? Is their only power the ability to argue on the internet? Lets see them cure people with their touch.

I would love to see miracles too but we are told to believe by faith not by sight.

This is a very delicate position.

At the end of the day, NO religion is going to save us. What will endure is the understanding of those who look outside organized religious beliefs. Science is the gift given by God. God and life is what it is, there is no brokenness to it. And the current ‘coronavirus’ can be construed as a mere adjustment in the creators matrix.

:+1:

Psalms 41

Blessed is the one who considers the poor!
In the day of trouble the Lord delivers him;

the Lord protects him and keeps him alive;
he is called blessed in the land;
you do not give him up to the will of his enemies.

The Lord sustains him on his sickbed;
in his illness you restore him to full health

Matthew 25

Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 And they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’

45 Then the King will answer, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me.’

46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Richard Dawkins doesn’t believe in Social Darwinism!