DBH has a book defending universalism forthcoming

Though I’m more of a panelist than orthodox universalist, I’m looking forward to checking this out. https://www.amazon.com/That-All-Shall-Saved-Universal/dp/0300246226/ref=bmx_of_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0300246226&pd_rd_r=907b18d1-4776-11e9-a0f6-eb01d7bf9839&pd_rd_w=XRUBU&pd_rd_wg=WPgeP&pf_rd_p=8d93fd3d-3b2b-4bad-9780-f0d6d02e46e3&pf_rd_r=4XMYTQQA9T7SX2X6DB18&psc=1&refRID=X2KJE50Y9E8D54VQQ0PX

Thanks for the tip. I’ll pre-order asap.

@DaveB2.0 DBH has a great mind. I hope that in addition to offering an opinion on who gets into heaven, he offers a prediction on what people do in heaven.

Qaz, my dear friend, I see you are still wrestling with the same question. Why would we not be doing what we do in this life except that we and everyone else will be completely free from sin, plus an eternity in which to do all that we were gifted to accomplish when we were created?

My thoughts on this are somewhat unclear, but call it the teleology problem an immortal would face. I feel like our need to do certain things to survive provides structure to our lives. I (like most people) have a routine: work, leisure, sleep, repeat. But an immortal wouldn’t need to work to survive. So what would he do? Leisure all the time? As crazy as this may sound, that seems to me like it would lead to insanity. So let’s say an immortal voluntarily starts doing some kind of work; the fact that he wouldn’t need to would make it feel meaningless, at least for me.

I wish more Christian philosophers would address the possible problems immortality raises.

Have you ever wondered then… how on earth does God survive :question: :thinking:

I can’t fathom the mind of God. Off topic, I can’t imagine what it’s like to think of multiple people (billions!) individually, at the same time.