The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Debate: "Three Views on Hell: Introduction"

God makes amazing creatures :smiley:

I notice you put blood pythons in the plural there, CL! Wow!

I like Johnny’s new avatar, too, btw. :slight_smile:

Okay, I’m at 2032 words for my response to TKJ’s argument; next, trim to 1000 in case Nick wants to post an abbreviated version.

Whoa. Log out for a day. . . .

Write as much as you want, and send me a condensed version for me to post. I will link the longer article in the post. That work for everyone?

My bad about not seeing this sooner. :wink:

–Nick

I have no real issue with word count. As long as it is shorter and punchier than the longer post I plan on linking to.

Sound good?

–Nick

Nice, Johnny! Is that really you? :wink: :laughing:

Aw, Johnny, you’re just predjudiced. :laughing:

Good, because I’m down to 1038 words and I’m not sure how much more I can shave off… :laughing:

Edited to add: now at 996 words! http://www.wargamer.com/forums/smiley/character0272.gif

Proceeding to Chris’ entry now for the weekend…

I yam, I yam! :smiley:

I wish I had the same comedic genius in my whole body as that man had in his little finger. :smiley:

How are you getting on with* The Brothers Karamazov?*

J

You’re going for hero status there, Jason. :laughing:

I have Chris Date’s response to ECT. Jason, if you want to post your responses here, I shall simply copy and paste. :wink:

And if you include links to your longer posts, I would love to include those as well.

–Nick

Nick,

I’ll probably post the longer versions here, and pm the shorter responses so you can cut and paste those (with links already embedded to the longer responses).

I’m about halfway done with my first draft of response to Chris, btw, after which I’ll need to go back and redraft at least once (to adjust for a couple of things that have developed since then) before trying to reduce to a 1Kword version.

Do you or Chris know if TKJ is working on a pair of replies as well?

TKJ is writing a post, but it may take a while. He’s currently looking for housing.

–Nick

Well it took me longer than expected to write up Chris’, due to more detail for discussion in his argument, but I have a (currently) 3337 word reply now that I’m in the process of trimming for a 1Kword version. :slight_smile: Once I’ve done that, I may be able to trim the full reply down, too, ideally to around 2Kwords (although I’m dubious I’ll be able to get there and keep the detail).

So, not ready yet, but checking in with my progress. :slight_smile:

Yay! Just finished trimming my reply to Chris’ argument down to 995 words!

Next up, revising the longer version with the trims of the shorter version in view: I want to get it much closer to 2000 words than it currently is, and I should be able to make significant reductions by applying the various grammatic tweaks without sacrificing content.

Excellent.

Joseph Dear over at ReThinking Hell wrote a response to universalism.

splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … onist.html

–Nick

Well, I guess I know what’s up next then. :smiley:

Have any of the other replies gone up yet? (I don’t recall seeing links to them here yet…)

Also, I’ll probably start a new thread on the “Rebuttal” articles, distinct from the “Introduction” articles (unless another ad/mod beats me to starting the new thread, which would be fine. :slight_smile: )

That’s the only response to universalism. Both annihilationists have responded now to eternal torment and universalism. :slight_smile:

–Nick

Chris Date’s response to TKJ. splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … onist.html

Joey Dear’s response to Jason Pratt. splitframeofreference.blogspot.c … onist.html

–Nick

The EU Forum thread for the Rebuttals of this debate is now up:

My longer original rebuttals are included in the second and third posts, with the opening post featuring links to various stages of the debate so far (mostly at Nick’s SFOR blog).

My shorter 1Kword rebuttals have been submitted to Nick for formatting and publication on his blog; I’ll post links to those (and to short TKJ rebuttals at Nick’s blog) in the first post for the Rebuttals thread, when I’m alerted by Nick that they’re up. (The short rebuttals will have links to the original longer rebuttals from everyone at our home journals/forums, of course).