Did Paul Disagree With Jesus About Anger?

Those words were indeed spoken TO Adam… and with any sense of fairness and justice Adam had to know fully what that meant… lest you simply have God talking right over his ignorant head; well Eve could plead some degree of ignorance, BUT Adam was fully culpable and he knew it.

Animal death wasn’t something other in nature than was human death. And following the more traditional mindset… that chronology doesn’t quite fit anyway because God only slew an animal after Adam’s sin. IOW… the assumed physical death of that incident only and first came into existence and effect upon all creation post fall, carte blanch, i.e., with no distinction between categories of creation affected.

Davo, i must say I am surprised at you.
Look at the text. It seems not only possible that they are the writer’s comments, but almost certain:

So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.”

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. (Genesis 2:22-24)

Yes my bad and my inattention to detail. Whedon notes this…

Some interpreters (Delitzsch, Lange) regard these as the words of Adam, spoken as by a prophetic impulse from God; while others (Keil, Gerlach, Turner) regard them as the words of the inspired historian. The latter is the more probable view.