Do you prefer to read a Bible with or without notes?

With the exception of my NABRE, none of my Bibles have notes written by the editors and/or translators at the bottom of pages. For these Bibles, on just about every page at the bottom there will be a couple words or phrases and then an alternate translation of them, but they don’t go into detail explaining things and making possible connections. I think I prefer reading the Bible this way. When I read my NABRE sometimes I get so caught up reading the notes at the bottom of the page it completely interrupts my flow reading the scripture! :laughing: That said, if anyone has a suggestion for a good Bible with extensive notes, I’d be willing to check it out.

Like you, qaz, if I’m reading the Bible in order to understand a section within its context, I don’t want any notes to distract me. However, if I am doing a study of some theological thought in which there has been an attempt to back it up by Biblical references, then I might examine various commentaries on the matter. In my opinion, the best way to do this is through the “Online Bible” program which is free and can be downloaded online.

Once you have downloaded it and set it up, you can download extra features, too numerous to mention. My present Online Bible 28 versions including Greek versions. You can have Hebrew, too, but I don’t include it since I haven’t studied Hebrew. It includes a library that contains books by ancient and modern writers, apologetics, archaeology, theology, creeds, music, maps and charts, and much much more—even home school material and the Koran!

If you are interested in this amazing Bible program go to the following site and download the Basic Starter Pack:

onlinebible.net/

Thanks paidion. I know your favorite translation is the ESV. I’m think about ordering a thinline ESV for a low price. But I already have a NASB. Is there any reason the ESV should be considered more accurate?