The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Eschatological View

Sass, my view has to do with the idea that God gives the spirit in varying measures to different people. Jesus had the spirit of God dwelling in him fully, whereas many of us only have “a measure” of the spirit. Perhaps I chose my words poorly. Perhaps I am not dogmatic on the issue.

The way I see Jesus and the Father as one is the same way I see a husband and wife as one…it doesn’t make them the same (obviously men and women have different body parts, etc.) but in some ways they function (or are supposed to function) as one. I think that’s why the writers used the groom and bride analogy for Christ and the Church…The Church is also called “One Body” and yet, she is “many members.” So, trinitarianism has some scriptural warrant (much more so than unitarianism or modalism, in my opinion) from the standpoint of “The One and the Many” but the scripture does not necessitate trinitarianism - hope that is clear in my explanation…

Hey, no worries my brother! You know it’s really hard with print because there are no “tone of voice” or expressions to go with what we write. Furthermore, there is no, or limited relationship when discussions take place so it is so easy to misunderstand what is being said. So, no problem as far as I am concerned and I’m glad we’re cool. I can’t count the times in my life that I’ve zigged when I should have zagged! :laughing:
Blessings,
Chris

Thanks Ed, that helps. And if God gives the spirit in measure, perhaps we should always be praying for more. Lots to think about…Peace.

I would have to say historic premillenialism, as of this moment. I believe the Millenium is a future Golden era in which Christ will literally rule over the nations and which the Elect will co-reign with Christ. This era will be immediatley preceded by the Great Tribulation and the Resurrection of the faithful, followed by the General Resurrection and age-abiding punishment of the wicked in hell.

I do sympathise with a partial-preterist amillenialism, though. IOW, the Jewish revolt of 70 AD was the Great Tribulation and we are currently living in the Millenium (which is allegorical and not a literal thousand years).

I am not dogmatic about eschatology, however, except to say that Christ will physically return, in the same way that he was physically resurrected and physically ascended to heaven.