The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Essential Qualities of Personhood

It would be intellectual sucide without the qualifier “at present.”

That’s the purpose of philosophy, to stretch our minds, ask questions, and look for answers (even when they’re only barely perceptible.)

I’ve been trying to do that here, and if I’ve been frustrated with you, it’s because you so often said things like “that answer isn’t conceivible to me,” or “the question just isn’t important to me.”

Whatever rational reasons you had for saying things like that (and this is my attempt at an apology here), if I had just accepted those comments, this discussion would have come to a dead end.

As it is, it’s been very helpful to me, and I hope to you (and maybe even others reading along.)

I want to thank you for the contributions you made (and particularly for sharing that email from Prof. Zimmerman, because I find his thoughts very interesting, and they do offer me an “answer” I find at least “barely perceptible.”)

Thank you Tom.

I found this very interesting.

closertotruth.com/video-prof … orne-/1078

Polkinghorn is a former Professor of Mathematical Physics at Cambridge, and an Anglican Priest.

In some ways, he agrees with process theology (in that he sees God existing within time), but he also believes there’s “a timeless charecter to God”" (He simultaneously exists outside of time.)

This seems (to me) very close to what William Lane Craig was trying to say.