The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Everlasting Destruction

Hi David… can you source this quote?

Bro. Davo: I had to search high and low to find it. At my advanced age and condition I can hardly find my socks (lol)

1 Like

The uses of koine apollumi in Scripture

(1) ruin, (2) do not bring about his ruin, (3) put to death, the wicked tenants, (4) he will put the evildoers to death, (5) destroy the wisdom of the wise, (6) destroy the understanding, (7) lose, (8) lose the reward, (9) lose what we have worked for, (10) lose one’s life, (11) lose oneself, (12) The man who risks his life in battle has the best chance of saving it; the one who flees to save it is most likely to lose it’), (13) ruined, (14) die, the man dies, (15) As a cry of anguish, we are perishing!, (16) of disaster that the stormy sea brings to the seafarer, (17) die by the sword, (18) die of hunger, (19) be corrupted, (20) killed by the snakes, (21) those who are lost, (22) of things be lost, (23) pass away, (24) be ruined, (26) of bursting wineskins, (25) fading beauty, (26) transitory beauty of gold, (27) passing splendor, (28) Of earthly food, (29) spoiled honey, (30) Of falling hair, (31) a member or organ of the body, (32) remnants of food, (33) of wine that has lost its flavor, (34) of sheep gone astray, (35) Of a lost son [that returned].

There is no support for “eternal death” in Scripture, NONE, nada.

In fact, the One who has triumphed over death, consumes all thanantos into Himself.

And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying > > >

The former things are done away."

Done away =

poieo = to seize lift up & take away.

1 Like