The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Believe me, he’ll be back. You can take that to the bank.

As we deal with each other on this forum, just as we deal with folks we meet every day, WE ALL have places we need to be or not be. Thanks David. Looking forward to your return.

1 Like

Perhaps Dave B, is now saying this!

And pretty soon, we might see Dave - saying this! :slight_smile:

I stand with Bob on this. Noticed you have been missing for over a week or two.

1 Like

If anything will bring back Dave B - with six guns a blazing…it’s this headline today, from the BBC. :wink:

Or perhaps this one? :wink:

He will be back - but not because of anything put out by the BBC. He is fully aware that the BBC was the originator, the founding father if you like, of all that propagates “fake news”. It was championing left-wing dogma when CNN was still in diapers.

1 Like

DaveB,

I do fear that my provocativeness was more offensive than I realized, and that I may have troubled your spirit, and your sense of freedom to post your vantage point here. While I am closer to no one else here on exegesis and theology, there is no doubt that I come at many political questions differently from many. Indeed, I sense that my view is a minority one among many here who are closer to your perspective, yet often don’t represent it without your input.

You have regularly demonstrated a gracious spirit, and offered fitting challenges to those who offer opposing views, and it’s not at all necessary to me that you support my political views. I hope you will again contribute your insights to every area of the forum.

Sincerely,
Bob

1 Like

Again, that is “personal opinion”. I like to see studies and statistics.

So do I - provided the studies are not flavoured by the opinions of their originators.

There are safeguards that professional designers can take, to minimize bias. And it’s up to other academic and professional “experts”, to insure they did this - for their studies, statistics, etc. It’s called by such names as peer review, study duplication, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, guns kill people, but so do a lot of other things, obesity, smoking, car accidents, chemicals the list goes on.
So we can ban cars and make everyone walk, ban all foods and chemicals that that cause adverse health effects, make everyone go to the gym and eat vegetables, etc,etc.,etc. I suppose the only thing left to do is live in a bubble-the perfect utopia.

1 Like

I’m sitting here drinking a whiskey and know that Dave is where he needs to be. At this moment.

As an aside, I saw an excellent movie today. It got high ratings, on both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

Interesting, Chad. Since I like a good whiskey. Especially Scotch. And being a Costco member, I usually get the Costco Kindland brands. Which are really big and famous brand names, put under a Costco label. At least, that’s what I have been told. So what kind and brand of whiskey, were your drinking?

Or is it a whiskey, the good ole boys drink - back at Rocky Top, Tennessee USA?

We can call it “spring tonic” and fix the political situation here!

l would say you are right in the overall idea, but wrong in the political view…

Guns are indeed made to kill, but the use is of a very needed and intricate part of the second amendment. We are what we is

qaz, People have been killing each other since the beginning of time. The banning of guns isn’t going to stop those who are intent on murder. They’ll just find other ways. As you pointed out, guns are created to kill so why not call for ALL guns to be done away with, or simply ALL weaponry that is specifically created to kill?

LLC to qaz!

First, we think the Catholic Church - is not handling sex abuse cases well. Well, what about the US government?

I wish they would bring back, the good ole days - of TV westerns. Where never is heard, a discouraging word. And the good guys - with six guns and such - always win!

First, the good guy must come to town:

And with the bad guy’s friends, who needs enemies? :rofl:

Here is an interesting article, from today’s Pathoes Evangelical newsletter:

Gee! I sure miss the simplicity, of the wild west days! :slight_smile: