The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Come back to earth, davo, there may be help for you yet.

opening-a-can-of-worms-381x450

:rofl:

Is that what this is about? - that I used that can o’ worms when HT asked a bunch of questions on another thread?
I only meant by that, that we had gone over all those things almost ad nauseum for the past month, so re-opening it on another thread seemed like a bad idea.
I’m not calling Pantelism a can of worms at all. But the discussions certainly deflected into many directions.

No no no no Dave… I don’t mind what you think of pantelism, seriously! I just thought I’d have a laugh at you sharing your pic given your “reaction” above — I’m an aussie… I’m pulling ya chain :wink:

Well dang, it has been well and truly pulled! :rofl:

Today, 18 July 2018, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky says the following in, John Brennan Was the Most Biased, Bigoted, Unhinged CIA Director:

Paul said, “You know John Brennan started out his adulthood by voting for the Communist Party presidential candidate. He is now ending his career by showing himself to be the most biased, bigoted, over-the-top, hyperbolic, sort of unhinged director of the CIA we have ever had. It really is an insult to everything about our government to have a former head of the CIA calling the President treasonous just because he doesn’t like him.”

He added, “I filibustered Brennan. I tried to keep Brennan from ever being the leader of the CIA. But realize that Brennan and Clapper are known for wanting to expand the authority of the intelligence agencies to grab up everyone’s information, including Americans. So I don’t have a lot of respect for these people. Even before they decided to go on hating the President, I disliked these people because they wanted to grab up so much power and use it against the American people.”

And since April 27, 2018, we have known that the House Intelligence Committee Investigation Report showed no evidence of collusion discovered between Trump and Russians; rather, it revealed evidence of a “Deep State” intelligence community conspiracy against Trump:

Right-o

I found this article, in today’s Patheos Catholic newsletter - interesting:

But sometimes the weekly Patheos, Evangelical newsletter - contains more controversial articles. Or is this headline misleading? You decide!

So what is your view of the ‘Public Catholic’ article?

As the article says, Sen McCain is dying of brain cancer…and he is a real patriot. Both are views that I agree with. I also agree, that the Putin-Trump meeting - shouldn’t have been held in secret. There should have been others - in the room - besides interpreters. NOT necessary the press.

My personal view is Trump has the football and should run with it. But when folks of his own party, offer criticisms or suggestions…He should at least give the “appearance”, that he is listening to - and considering them.

I have talked to Russian folks - in the US. Who have some connection, with the Russian Orthodox Church.
Whom I won’t name, for their personal privacy and safety. But they view Putin as a dictator and untrustworthy.

Now what is your view, of the article - Chad?

So does the sign refer to Trump, Chad? And if not, whom does it refer to? McCain? The article author? Etc.

Obviously it refers to the Don, but let’s get something straight, he is out there poking and working and doing things that no other POTUS has done, We’ll wait for 2, 4, 6, years and see if it was successful.

1 Like

Agreed. In the meantime, it’s good to see…what the Internet and world press - has to offer. Hopefully, it’s not all “fake news”.

Baiting, all of our time baiting :wink:

Well, I don’t use the term “fake news”. But it’s part of our current nomenclature. I think it was coined, by the Don himself. Normally, I share things from either the UK BBC or France-24. Or the Pathoes Evangelical and Catholic newsletters. And these sources, should be more or less neutral.

I agree, neutral to you. Both the BBC and Patheos are places I visit. But we are in a time of very polar reactions to political issues that this thread has brought up. The idea that they are neutral is a bit of a misnomer, though you may well try to argue, in effect, we hear what we think at that moment is right…

And many of us change.

Look forward to your response.

I said more or less neutral. Let’s face it. Nothing is totally “neutral”., But Fox caters to a particular marketing segment - Republicans and the like. CNN caters to a particular marketing segment - Democrats and the like. To get a “balanced” view, I would watch Fox News and CNN - at the health club. And I visit the websites and PBS TV broadcasts, of France-24 and BBC. I like the last 2, since they cover events happening - outside the US and Europe. Like Africa, Central and South America, the Middle East, etc. I also watch NHK in English - from Japan. They have very interesting, Japanese cultural segments - like Anime and Japanese theater. And what’s up in Asia.

I might have to chat more later - in our dialogue. And I like to simultaneously do intellectual stuff and have non-redeeming programs on TV…All at the same time. Like maybe a monster or zombie show…Peter Popoff and his miracle spring water…;.etc.

Fox has a large democrat audience as well. I think they do a better job than BBC; the way I make up my mind is by trying to get to the sources. That uncovers a LOT of BS.
CNN just lies, mostly - verifiable lies. Something the cat hacked up (or worse) kinda lies. Not fake, just lies. Rachel Madow, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

Just a footnote, Dave. Isn’t she on MSMBC… according to a Google, page 1 search? Here’s Wiki on her. Is this her or a clone?