The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Index for "The Evangelical Universalist"

“The Evangelical Universalist” by Gregory MacDonald is a a well written, intriguing book and a great reference for EU exegetics … sort of. By that I mean, I find it frustrating that the book does not have an index. Actually two indexes would be ideal: Scriptural and Topical. Has anyone ever made an attempt to index the book, both by Scripture and Topic?

I agree. Robin thought about doing an index, however, it’s a very time consuming activity to do it well. He’s considering it for the second edition which might happen towards the end of next year. In the meantime, one of our members has done a pretty detailed and comprehensive summary that you can search.

Thank you Alex. The summary is definitely helpful.

Wow. A second edition? That would be great. I hope it comes out sooner rather than later. Perhaps, if you have any influence, you could encourage Robin to include a Scriptural and Topical index in order to maximize the impact of the book. I realize its time-consuming but maybe there is a grad-student somewhere who, armed with some decent indexing software, would do it for a reasonable fee. And once its done … its done.

He’s purposely holding off for a little longer, now that “Love Wins” has come out and there’s renewed interest in the topic. He’s also hoping for some feedback from people, apart from just Neo-Calvinists.

I’ve encouraged him about it a few times and nearer the time I’ll remind him :smiley:

I suggested software, but Robin pointed out that it requires high level comprehension skills not commonly available in computers yet. You’re right though, perhaps someone else (looks hopefully in the direction of Bob Wilson or Jason :mrgreen:) might be able to do it?