The Evangelical Universalist Forum

INVITATION! Southern California EU Fellowship on Sun 3/18/12

A few of us Southern California-ites from the Evangelical Universalist (EU) website will be getting together for some Christian fellowship on:

Sunday March 18, 2012 from 1:30 – 3:00 at

Denny’s Restaurant
21316 E Pathfinder Rd.
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
(909) 861-7444

We would like to extend an invitation to anyone else who believes in or is considering EU and would like to discuss it further LIVE and IN PERSON (!) with other like-minded people. This is an informal gathering without a set agenda, however, we expect it to be a great opportunity for people to share with others what led them to consider EU and Scripture passages that were pivotal in this. This would also be a time to pose questions for discussion regarding EU. If time permits perhaps we can do a brief study on a section of the Bible such as John 1.

At this point expected attendees include:

amy (Amy Pineda)
auggybendoggy (Gene Pineda)
Bob Wilson (Bob Wilson) 
dirtboy (Chris)
firedup2000 (me)
   … plus a friend or 2 of mine who are not on the EU website.

If you are in the area (or even if you’re not) and think you can make it out on March 18, please add a post below to show your interest. Feel free to invite other friends who are not on the EU website who may also be interested. Indicate how many will come with you and I will make sure to reserve a large enough table at the restaurant. If you have any questions or suggestions you can post those as well … or send them to me in a “Private Message”.

So come hungry … for a good meal and the Word of God. :slight_smile:

I’m really looking forward to meeting you all!! It will be nice to talk instead of having to type, and with talking it’s easier to be understood (and not misunderstood :exclamation: ) This will be great!

Chris

We are looking forward to meeting you guys from Southern Calfornia this Sunday afternoon!!!

Wish I could be there. Hey, what about Skypin me in?

Yes, just one week away! I’ll have to ask Gene if skyping will be possible. I’m so bad with technology.

Sherman … that’s an awesome idea! I don’t know how you would do that from Denny’s but … that would be great. Let’s see what we can do!

Hey Sherman,

Denny’s has WiFi!!

Let’s set u up.

Just a quick update:

It was a good time. Unfortunately dirtboy had something unexpected come up and some other friends who were also interested could not make it as well. (But maybe next time it will work out.) While they were all missed, Amy, Gene, Bob and myself had a great and refreshing time sharing our stories and discussing Biblical doctrines that have been so freeing. Unfortunately Sherman was unable to join us via skype that day but … RevDrew made a cyber-appearance from Spain. That was a nice surprise. Fellowship is definitely important and we are planning to have another get together in the coming months. In addition to some friends from other other sites & places, you’ll all be invited even if you live “across the pond” or “down under”.