The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Is God The Author Of Evil?

Using this type of logic, suppose you have caused a child to be born by having copulated with its mother. After the child grew up, he caused a man to die. Therefore you caused a man to die. As I see it, this type of reasoning is cockeyed.

God created the Tree of Knowledge…the evil was in the fruit.

Satan suggested Eve eat the fruit but he didn’t create the Tree of Knowledge.

Besides how are you going to explain away God’s omniscience and foreknowledge?

If you can do that you explain away the prophecies.

It’s a scary thing how many people want to control interpretations.

I just want to trust God…It doesn’t matter to me whether he invented evil as a learning device or to build consciousness in us.

It doesn’t cause me to doubt God will bring the human race through this life to the next one.

I am just happy to have Him as my Daddy and I have confidence in Him.

If you feel the need to intellectualize differently then that is your prerogative just like the way I interpret scripture is mine.

I trust in God not in man made interpretations.

Here’s an interesting quote from the Christian Courier article entitled Did God Create Evil?

They go on to ask these questions:

Peter Kreeft (Peter Kreeft, Ph.D., is a professor of philosophy at Boston College) gives some good traditional, Christian answers in The Problem of Evil

In the article, he says this:

And even well-meaning Christians make wrong choices all the time. Like discussing personal theological differences off topic - without concern for the well being of others.

Imagine someone was a jujitsu and Aikido expert. And he is in a bar, when a Kung Fu expert walks in and tries to pick a fight. The J and A expert might insist they enter a mixed martial arts contest, that is supervised and where other contestants have entered. The J and A expert is probably not thinking about himself, but other patrons in the bar. But the K expert is only thinking of proving Kung Fu is better and doesn’t care about other patrons in the bar - either about what they feel or whether they get hurt or not.

But I would say the J and A expert is acting in a better manner - more ethical and concerned for others - which is consistent with true martial arts behavior. Of course, if police had been called regarding the Kung Fu expert’s threats and behavior, the J and A expert would defer the matter to the proper police and legal authorities - to deal with.

Abba means Daddy and Jesus calls God “Abba”.

I don’t know about your earthly daddy but my earthly daddy would step into the fire for me before he’d let me go into a literal fire and he definitely wasn’t the most perfect person in the world.

And the Most High Holy Perfect God is going to be less merciful than my earthly father?

That doesn’t compute…

But apparently the human mind can be trained to accept a lie.

The site owners and administrators and moderators take claims of prophetic authority, especially to rebuke people while speaking directly for God, very seriously; and we will be discussing how to proceed with Cloud9 over the next few days.

This is only an alert to let people on the thread know that we (now) know about the situation (those of us following the thread having been away over the weekend).

I will note however that this is not a public forum. Free speech, which has been invoked earlier, does not actually apply here. That’s why people have to be forum members in order to post comments and/or new threads (or even to view certain categories). And free speech principles definitely do not apply with total freedom to people making a claim to speak for/as God, especially to rebuke other people. That’s why there are strict warnings in the Judeo-Christian scriptures to the effect that false prophets are under a death sentence from God, and ought to at least be shut down from affecting a population under administration by people who have a responsibility to protect groups from things like false prophets. (It’s also why we have a rule against members religiously rebuking each other as though this is a church congregation, which it isn’t. “In other words, nobody may rebuke or condemn others in this forum, apart from rebukes required while moderating the rules and policies of the forum. Likewise, biblical rebukes and condemnations appropriate within the context of a church are not allowed in this forum, apart from rebukes required while moderating the rules and policies of the forum. This forum focuses more along the lines of an academic discussion group instead of a church that enforces biblical doctrines.”)

Hopefully we can reach a reconciliation everyone, including the prophet-claimant, will be able to work with. Although, the prophet-claimant in question has already spoken (as a prophet??) against the idea of reconciling with people not accepted to speak with religious authority. So presumably he would agree we should not reconcile with him if we aren’t convinced of his prophetic authority. But possibly he would be willing for us to make an exception to his rejection of such reconciliation, as long as it’s in his favor.

We might or might not take several days to reach a preliminary decision about what to do moving forward. Members, including the prophet-claimant, can continue discussing things on this thread meanwhile.

Thank you, Jason, for stepping in and addressing this matter. And no - it wasn’t me who brought this to his attention. I especially like this quote:

This is the premise I have worked on - regarding this forum.

My rebuttal and questions regarding Susan’s prophetic claim and spiritual warfare is found in Was Ellyn G White a real Prophet? or Was Ellyn G White a real Prophet? It’s interesting to note that in criticisms of Ellyn G White, critics have identified - possibly correctly - potential causes rooted in mental illness or organic disease.

Don’t worry. I will leave.

The day a group of Christians don’t want to hear from a prophet of God is the signal from God to me that it is time to leave and go preach elsewhere.

Forums are much too restrictive for delivering Gospel messages in.

The Gospel was designed for freer spaces than forums.

There is much too much mind control in them.

I know I have been banned from 4 sinners forums for preaching the Gospel and have had my blog erased.

Apparently,anybody daring to deliver the Gospel in cyberspace is worthy of identity erasure if they can’t imprison you.

So I will wander off to one of the world’s crossroads now to deliver the Gospel right after I receive my Holy Spirit outpouring on the next Pentecost.

People are more interested in chit chat then in buckling down and learning the truth on here.

I can finally settle down and learn a little Hebrew till then.

God Bless everyone…Jones is the best bible teacher of this generation.

I almost forgot…I was banned from Christian chat too for daring to correct hell doctrine.

Some people are real Christians with the nerve to correct Christians in error and some people are wannabes.

Thank you God for letting me be Martin Luther at least I can say no Christian or athesist ever made me run from the good fight with the tail between my legs.

:wink:

Jesus’ people are His generation…We come from His seed.

If you are leaving Cloud then I would like to say goodbye. I had fun in the music thread. Some good stuff there. Hang in there and God bless.

Now now, for all I know, Cloud’s real name is Jones. :wink:

If you’re going to make unsubstantiated claims to be an authoritative prophet who rebukes people with God’s own words, Cloud, then yes one way or another it’s time for you to leave. Or to stop making unsubstantiated claims, one way or the other. (Which I guess leaving would also do.)

I will remind our members and visitors that God does not send prophets to speak with His words (especially for rebuke) without providing them with attesting signs to distinguish them as real prophets. And even then, we’re warned in the scriptures that false prophets can come with signs of miraculous power, so even that is only a beginning of evidence in favor, not deductive confirmation.

(One could I suppose segue from that observation back into the thread topic by adding the occasional remark in the OT, if not in the NT, that God even sends false prophets sometimes, for His own authoritative purposes. :wink: That however is not a topic I intend to discuss.)

My rebuttal and questions regarding Susan’s prophetic claim and spiritual warfare is found in Was Ellyn G White a real Prophet? or Was Ellyn G White a real Prophet? It’s interesting to note that in criticisms of Ellyn G White, critics have identified - possibly correctly - potential causes rooted in mental illness or organic disease.

Great meeting you, kid.

In my opinion you are a genuine seed of God in progress.

Make sure you get that good spiritual education and don’t let anybody block you with their foolish opinions. I never let them block me.

The only opinion that really counts in this world is God’s.

My real name is Susan…I’m not a man but I don’t take any lip off men these days…too many of them don’t even consult God enough to know what they are talking about.

I just corrected a young preacher who is misleading people on faith healing…He can heal people he just doesn’t know all the ins and outs.

But Jerry and Carol Robeson do.

Unfortunately people don’t have enough brains to respect their elders these days…

Most of the kids on the Internet give lip to his elders who know better than them. All the atheists are so ignorant they don’t know you go to a church or a mature believer to learn about God…they haven’t got God’s anointing but that doesn’t stop them from acting like they are experts.

Enoch walked with God a long time…so did Moses…that is one of the reasons God used them…

I think you are right…I am a walking library on the bible but I can take my library somewhere else instead of making life’s tough questions easy for you like a reference librarian does.

Go seek on your own …and good luck…sorting truth from error takes a lot of time but it does yield results.

Does this site out rank God?

Maybe you can explain how a prophet can be a prophet if he refuses to fulfill his office and deliver God’s messages.

I have been delivering God’s messages to hostile people for over 8 years now and God likes me delivering His messages because I don’t turn tail and run at the first sign of opposition.

Instead I stand and deliver like a lion.

Did you think God was going to use a spiritual wimp to deliver His messages in the Wild West of the Internet where there is always a false prophet, a militant atheist or some other type of control freak trying to silence you and God’s message.

Well I refuse to be silent…I don’t owe a militant atheist, a false prophet or some human control freak my obedience.

I only owe my obedience and allegiance to God…I am a citizen of Heaven walking on Earth.

Go read the Book of Esther again.

Mordecai refused to bow to that devil Haman and Haman wanted to kill him for it.

But God’s children don’t bow to the devil.

We don’t bow to people with demons.

Instead we take God’s authority and cast them out.

If we had a few more Esthers in this world then the Kingdom would already be here.

Nobody is better at standing and delivering than a woman. Women risk death to,deliver boys all the time.

But people like to take one literal verse in the bible and make women of no effect.

Why doesn’t the world try reading the whole bible and understand from God’s point of view instead of their own petty mindedness?

The Spirit is higher than the letter…that means the Spirit rules…the letter is a mere guide…

There are tons of women in this world that outrank carnal men in Spirit…but the stupid carnal guys can’t get over the literal verse because they don’t want to and then the spiritual men bend over backwards to accommodate the carnal dudes who are wrong in their interpretations.

The Spirit is higher than the letter…it,says so in 2 Cor. 3:6

biblegateway.com/passage/?s … ersion=ASV

But we had the carnal popes running the show like false prophets for over 1500 years…

So we better get busy learning the scriptures from the bottom up.

You want to see how carnal the popes were then read Halley…The carnal dudes running Europe…no wonder we had The Dark Ages…the popes led people into darkness until Wycliffe, Luther, Fox and a few other good men showed up to fight the good fight of faith.

The women were locked in,chastity belts while the men went off to the Crusades…The women thank you for that one Pope! Sarcasm implied.

Wicked Popes, Henry Halley
gracegems.org/D/evil_popes.htm

Well, since at no time in my whole life have I ever rejected a woman for being a woman; or a teacher for being a woman; or a prophet for being a woman; or an apostle for being a woman; or anyone with spiritual gifts for being a woman; or anyone in authority for being a woman; including any administrator on this board for being a woman; and including you, before you stepped out from behind your brave and lion-like pseudonym, as well as afterward, for being a woman; then are you getting this idea that I’m rejecting you for being a woman, from what you think is inspiration by God?

Which would be par for your course so far, if so. Since what you’re actually in trouble for here is claiming to be an authoritative prophet without substantiation.

I am somewhat unsure whether a real prophet of God would make such a radically false guess about what the actual problem is here; possibly so. Wild ass guesses aren’t prophetic inspiration after all; and you haven’t claimed this extremely false guess to have been prophetic inspiration, after all.

I am however very sure a real prophet of God would at least sympathize with an administrator’s concern over protecting his (and her) flock from unsubstantiated claims of prophetic authority.

We’ll keep your attitude in mind as we consider things.