The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Jesus gave His life for you. What have you sacrificed for Him?

Jesus died a horrific and painful death for you. Is responding to that death works or basic courtesy? What have you sacrificed for Him and how did it turn out?

More on this subject and what I think God does with our responses here:

Hasn’t every true Christian sacrificed a life based entirely on desires for that which pleases him, and replaced it with a life based on pleasing Christ?

NO NO NO, God wants us to have a fulfilling life full of excitement and wonder. That is where you and I differ. I don’t believe for one minute that the God of creation wants misery for his creation. If you have experienced that I am sorry for you Don. But I believe God wants the best from us and WILL help us.

Yes I have sacrificed, but just like dieting, my sacrifice brings great rewards.

And yes, that is why Christ did what he did so we can relax and realize a life of wonder and joy.

So go ahead and live life to it’s fullest folks :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m inclined to think you are both right - God wants us to have a fulfilling life full of excitement and wonder and we have that by living a life based on pleasing Christ.

Have I said a word, Chad, about the idea that we should live a life of misery? Can you understand plain English? I have suggested that every true Christian sacrificed a life based entirely on desires for that which pleases him, and replaced it with a life based on pleasing Christ. Did you notice that little word “entirely” in the sentence, Chad? Or did that entirely escape you? What do you make of the following statement that Jesus made to His disciples?

…whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple. (Luke 14:33 NKJV)

Oh, yeh, I know. It doesn’t apply to us; it only applies to those disciples to whom Jesus was speaking.
What a clever way to avoid all responsibility to Jesus. Unless a person is a disciple of Jesus, he is not a Christian. That’s what a Christian is!—one who follows Jesus and obeys Him.

No way. Pleasing Christ in 2019 as you try to make people believe that Jesus is looking at them, is impossible. I contend that God has done, has done (I repeated for verification) all needed. You keep piling on Bull crap for those you speak to, Don, if that is what you believe and want to do go for it, I will to my dying day confront you because so many souls are hurting by that kind of verbiage.

Well… I’m a Christian, and I’ll do what Christ said. If you call that “crap” it is you who will have to answer for that some day.

Jesus said, “I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak.” (Matt 12:36 ESV)

Once again you are doing the thing you do… But I would want to inform casual bystanders to the forum, that Don’s ideas are not universal, and this being a evangelical universalist forum, Don’s ideas should be taken with a grain of salt.:wink:

Better yet… with a grain of sugar.:grinning:

Here’s a good place to start, perhaps?
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

IOW, sacrificing for others is equivalent to sacrificing for him.

1 Like

Good point, Dave!