The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Judaism and the Mystical Christ

The issue for me is simply whether or not Jesus is the only begotten Son of God or not. If He is just another avatar, then He is not Messiah. While I do not judge anyone, we all come through different paths to bow the knee and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father, I just do not believe that is within any parameter of what His body is, His tabernacle of men. “I am the door to the sheepfold”. “No man comes to the Father but by me.”

I SO get all the alternate gnostic and mystic interpretations that integrate biblical scripture with pluralism, because that is what I came out of by a revelation of Christ crucified, who called me to be His disciple. Since jesus knows everyone, and loves everyone- I may still get upset at Christians who frighten peole with lies about the divine nature, but I never have a problem with someone who is Budhist or Hindu- I just dont get involved in those kind of debates- but share whatever I may if I even feel led to do so.

I also understand why contemporary Chrstianity s distaseful to many, not because of Christ- but because of Christians and hardline theologies. but if we are writing to Christians as a Christian representing a view that invalidates the scriptures and makes Jesus equal to (for instance) Krishna or Buddha- I dont want to debate it, but I do want the person to come on out and say it so the conversation is open and honest.

I don’t have a problem being friends or at least collegial and friendly with anyone of any faith. If asked i give account for what I believe. But in a discussion forum, I think it is effective to be upfront for the purpose of discussion, not for the purpose of judging. I can’t really respond intelligently until I know where a person is coming from, especially if the person asks for thoughts, input- which is the reason I responded.