The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Kolasis- punishment or torment?

What is your “quality” other than “the character of the quantity”?

“King Jesus and his subjects” IS the Kingdom of God.

“Righteousness, peace, and joy” is the CHARACTER of the Kingdom of God.

Yup :wink:

I agree completely… the contexts of course in help understanding this. The quantitative focus of “aionios” meaning “*unto or into * the age” to come; with “aionios zoe” therefore meaning “life unto or into the age”. “The age” of course being any given era or period – thus it is defined and not endlessly perpetual, i.e., it is quantifiable.

Biblically “the age” in question was that for which Israel longed and hoped… that of national resurrection (Ezek 37:11-13; Acts 23:6; 24:15; 26:6-8), where national Israel is restored to Yahweh as His people and released from under the yoke of bondage, dominion and tyranny of its enemies… in Jesus’s time, Rome. They were looking for/to an earthly messiah to rout Rome… Jesus of course was having none of their crass expectations (Jn 6:15; 18:36); in lockstep even the disciples carried such a carnal hope before Jesus redirected their fleshly focus to that more of the Spirit (Acts 1:6, 8).

As I understand it… the imputation doesn’t so much vary only the recipients’ resultant end in view. So, when I equate “fullness” in qualitative terms (as per Jesus’ use in Jn 17:3) by that I mean the TOTALITY thereof. IOW… what was about to (μελλω) be coming to an “end” in terms of “the old covenant age” or world [AD30-70] would be a COMPLETE, FULL and thus TOTAL end… no turning back.

Again… in contradistinction to this was the qualitative ABUNDANT LIFE as in the TOTALITY of life Jesus speaks of in Jn 10:10, i.e., the “eternal life” of 17:3.