The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Near Death Experiences

@Jonny, can you please send me any lit you think may be helpful. I have the book Gay Christian 101 which is good. If a bit heavy. Cheers. thanks for your encouragement .

i just bought the Rebutal and Thou shalt not love, from Amazon.com. Should be helpful.

Johnny,

I sent you an EU e-mail with my regular e-mail address, but I’m not sure I did it right. It didn’t show up in my “sent” box. Did you get it?

Thanks!
Cindy

Hi Cindy, hi Paul

Have sent private messages to both of you attaching the article I referred to in my previous post. Fingers crossed the technology works. :smiley:

All the best

Johnny

Thanks, Johnny :slight_smile:

Got it!

Hi – I’m new to this forum but just thought I’d add my two cents to this discussion.

Both anti-gay attitudes and ECT have (I believe) justifiably alienated a lot of people from the faith and this is truly something that needs to be effectively addressed. I personally (and again, I’m not gay – 100% straight) do not see how one’s orientation per se can be itself sinful. And furthermore, feeling like it is can I think cause, basically, mental illness. My sister is gay and when she told me I was sad (we didn’t have a family, so I had been fantasising about her and I having families) but I wasn’t surprised. She had always been very ‘masculine’ for want of a better word. At the age of 5 she took all over her money from her last birthday and walked to a main street near where we lived and had all of her extremely pretty hair cut very short so that she would look like she felt. How can that be sinful? It is who she is. Now living out that orientation has been really difficult – and I think in large part difficult because it has had to be lived outside any serious faith life. Heterosexual people too, of course, can misuse their sexuality – the orientation itself, cannot, it seems to me, be in and of itself, sin. That would mean a definition of sin that necessitates some serious revision. And what misery that belief has caused! I feel nothing but compassion for those who must feel like their sexuality, which is a big part of our sense of self, is in and of itself, inherently sinful, wrong, bad. Even if Paul meant something like that – he’s just plain wrong and I’m quite willing to burn for that! I don’t see how everything he said can be understood as infallible always. He was inspired, not inerrant.

Homosexuality occurs in nature, especially when populations become to large for their environment. It is one of the more benign ways for nature to control its birth rate.

I don’t’ see how one can change one’s orientation. I know I could not be homosexual – why are we implying that homosexuals can become heterosexual?

Christians, it seems to me, have de-evangelised with this issue and ECT too often in the past-- and caused so much torment. It must stop.

blessings,

A very interesting testimony of a man who died, went to heaven, and came back.

cbn.com/700club/features/amazing/SW141_Dean_Braxton.aspx

He says that he realized “everything was right”. “Everything’s alive. Nothing is dead.” He was overwhelmed by the love of God. He did not receive a revelation of UR, but nothing he saw contradicts such. Cool testimony.

Love it, Sherman!

Thanks for posting this. :smiley:

Amen, sis :slight_smile: I agree :slight_smile:

Johnny can I get e copy of the article by the pastor, a link or email pm for email if you need it… thank you …

Hi Wendy

Here’s the article I mentioned in my post. To my shame I can’t remember where I got it from, hence I cannot give the author the credit he deserves. And in my opinion he deserves a lot of credit. :smiley:

Peace and love

Johnny
Bible + homosexuality.doc (105 KB)