The Evangelical Universalist Forum

New name to go by?

And just after I released my website UltimateReconciliation.com,org,info domains this year too.

I mentioned this on the poll page, but does anyone think that it would be a good idea to quantify the ‘reconcilist’ by calling it, “Universal Reconcilist” or “Ultimate Reconcilist”, so that it is clear that it is not the same form of reconciliation as in those who don’t believe in universal reconciliation. This is longer, and closer to ‘universalism’, but (maybe) it is clearer. :question:

I am a newcomer joined beginning July so I would go along with whatever everyone decides. However I think the word reconcilist or reconcilism is a word not found in the dictionary.

I also tend to to take the view of those who fear being put in a box. I had an opportunity last Fridayto give someone a partial view of universalism without mentioning the word at all.

Waiting at a bus stop the only other person there was a nun, elderly and not more than 4 ft tall and a cheerful face. Noticing that she had her right arm in a sling and her bandaged hand, with a smile I said “Sister you are sharing in the suffering of Christ!” She smiled," Yes, and He is sharing in my suffering". Over the next few minutes I told her that after many years trying to love God, I had, through reading and prayer and friends, discovered God loves everyone, noone is excluded, He loves me, you, everyone, I had opened my heart to Christ’s knocking at the door, and I was so excited that I felt I had to tell everyone. She was radiant and said she understood completely. There was no time to talk more as the bus then appeared!

With cheers and prayers
Michael
I

Mutually blessed by the meeting, that’s awesome :sunglasses:

Perhaps a look at the Greek words for such universal reconciliation would be a good start.

How about "Victorian"

as in we hold that God is **ultimately Victorious **in all He wills…

Uh… except that already has been taken and generally means stuff like:
*typical of the moral standards, attitudes, or conduct of the age of Victoria especially when considered stuffy, prudish, or hypocritical *

Oh well, never mind!

Bobx3