The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Perfect example of why young people are leaving the faith

Maybe they did in their mind, the Middle Ages are full of atrocities, church members slaughtered church members. Being a church member alone is meaningless.

PS: @ Pastor Mark: Atheists oppose universalism as much as do traditionalists, they like Christianity in a dark light. Universalism might however reach Muslims.

There is a rise of 'nons or ‘nones’ (people having no religious affiliation)…and it’s the largest US group body (or very large)…is this what happens to young people, who leave the faith?

Does home schooling help nurture kids in the faith?

I would say, as someone who home schooled / private schooled all of my kids, That it is more the family unit, the cohesion of the family that matters. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy I did what I did, but in the long run,some of the understandings I know now, I realize there is a cost to this.

Kids are people, and people want autonomy… Any one with children understand this, and this is a huge battle. For me the goal was to simply get them through the formative years and somehow instill a little bit of wisdom. :slightly_smiling_face: