The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Poll: In a trillion years time, what wins?

I think we are getting off topic here :blush: but anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

This way of thinking comes right out of the Dark Ages where it was first spawned. The beggar that stole bread from a neighbor might lose a hand, but if the same beggar stole the bread from the Lord of the castle, he would lose his head.

Where do we see that type of injustice in scripture taught by God? Were not the laws of the OT given to Israel for just that reason, to bring justice and a balance view of crime and punishment. To stop the kind of injustice that we see in the above example.

Show me from Scripture that a finite sin against an infinite God is deserving of infinite punishment.

My heavenly Father shows me to love my enemy, do good to those that do you wrong.

To stand up against the injustice that is in the world, just like He kept telling Israel because they kept felling at.

To die for the sinner before he had any idea that he was doing any wrong. Not asking first that the sinner repent.

And if God is doing the electing and drawing per Calvinism (because we are dead in our sins and unable to move toward God) What is stopping Him from saving all men then? Is He not all powerful, all wise and knows all?

Just thinking.