The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Post by a UR concerned about Mysticism....

You mean without going into detail about the details, so that I can figure out the best interpretation and present my evidence and reasonings why I interpret it one way and not another?

The short answer would be: I don’t. :slight_smile:

I was invited here as a guest author by the forum originators, because (among other things) they noticed that I go into detail for the positions I take. This also, by the way, gives my opponents the best opportunity to point out where and why I’m wrong for taking one position instead of another.

Besides which, I’m not sure why I would answer your question when I’ve gone to a lot of effort already to address the things you’ve brought up, only to be flatly ignored because I’ve gone to a lot of effort to address the things you’ve brought up.

When you make challenges, and I answer you in detail, and you excuse yourself from dealing with those answers on the ground that I’ve answered you in detail–then why exactly should I bother making any effort at all?

When people give you brief little answers, you complain “The scripture support they do give is wrenched out of context to the point it is embarrassing.” (That’s a quote from this very thread, by the way.) When they go into detail (especially about the contexts!) you complain that you only want to answer a reply of a couple of paragraphs, and otherwise ignore what they’ve written.

The primary reason why we’re talking about 1 Cor 2 at all, in this thread, is because you brought it up in the process of defending against a claim that you teach X doctrine. Along the way, you have shown (as was documented) that you actually do claim X doctrine, even in this very thread (while trying to defend yourself against the ‘slander’ that you teach X doctrine, no less). You claimed that you didn’t, asked to be shown where you did; this was done in detail–and then summarily ignored with a laugh, while you shifted into a defense of X doctrine by appeal to 1 Cor 2.

But, if you must have only a brief and extremely incomplete paragraph about how I interpret 1 Cor 2, in order to feel comfortable answering it: I already gave you one, in this exact same thread, less than 30 hours ago.

And you ignored that answer, too. You decided to reply, here, on another topic instead (while quoting 1 Cor 2 as though I must not have a Bible handy, or could not have read it in the thread already such as in this prior comment for example, or even had bothered to write slightly about it myself at all.)

So, hey: I have spent time and energy (which I could have easily and gladly spent doing something else, I assure you :wink: ) answering what you wanted to talk about instead. And now that I have, you don’t want to play that game anymore–but your excuse for not dealing with my answer on what you chose to focus on instead, is that you only want a short answer.

But you’ve already shown you don’t even want to deal with a ridiculously incomplete comment that barely scrapes the beginning of what could be discussed concerning those verses from 1 Cor 2, when I give one.

So… at all costs you don’t want to talk about how your application of 1 Cor 2 plays out logically; you don’t want to talk about the places you asked me to quote which you didn’t remember writing and challenged me to provide; and you didn’t want to talk about even the most incomplete comment I could imagine giving on those verses, back when I wrote it less than 30 hours ago. You wanted to talk about those other things instead that you don’t want to talk about anymore now.

What’s left over? :unamused: