The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Quote for today

Worrying is a waste of time . Good and bad things happen in life, you just have to keep living and not stress over what you can’t control. Worrying is a waste of time . It doesn’t change anything; It messes with your mind and steals your happiness.

1 Like

Albert Camus, Notebooks 1951-1959 , tr. Ryan Bloom, Chicago: Ivan R. Dee, 2010, p. 177:

The Revolution is good. But why? One must have an idea of the civilization one wishes to create. The abolition of property is not an end. It is a means.

This is foolish. Private property is the foundation of individual liberty. The problem is not private property, but too few people owning property, property they have worked for, and thus value and care about. I include among private property the means for the defense of life, liberty, and property against assorted malefactors from unorganized criminals to rogue elements in the government. - BV

…Nothing can be lost that is not first owned. Just as a parent is compelled by civil law to be responsible for his family and his property, so the Creator --by His own divine law–in compelled to take care of the children He has created. And that means not only caring for the good children, but for the bad ones and lost ones as well. So the word lost came to be for Mrs. Smith (Hannah W. Smith), a term of greatest comfort. If a person is a “lost sinner” it only means that he is temporarily separated from the Good Shepherd who owns him. The Shepherd is bound by all duties of ownership to go after all those who are lost until they are found. -Catherine Marshall-

2 Likes

“I’m learning skills I will use for the rest of my life by doing homework… procrastinating and negotiation.”-- Bill Waterson

“What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.”-- Joseph Addison

“Patience is more than endurance. A saint’s life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says–‘I cannot stand anymore.’ God does not heed, He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God’s hands. Maintain your relationship to Jesus Christ by the patience of faith. 'Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.”
― Oswald Chambers-

1 Like

Each one of us can do our little toward sustaining our ecological balance by becoming conscious and not waste water, not brush our teeth while the water is running, or leave the room when the light or fan is on. We can stop buying or consuming any product that causes not only harm to our body but to the environment at large. We can encourage farmers to produce organic food and pay a little more so that Mother Earth is healed. We can stop and ask ourselves do we need what we are buying all the time? We can stop before going to a doctor and set right our mind, heal ourselves with yoga and meditation and avoid encouraging the monstrous pharmaceutical companies to manufacture more poisons for our body and for earth mother.
Whenever you do such acts of self-compassion, rejoice and be happy that you love Mother Earth who sustains us all. Our progenies will all bless us then!
~~ Bodhi Shuddhaanandaa

"And I shall continue to inflict Epicurus on you, to bring home to those who have pledged allegiance to a particular leader, and thereafter dismiss what others say not because of what is said but because it was ‘the others’ who said it:
‘The things of greatest merit are common property’ "
Seneca, Letter XII, Letters from a Stoic

“As you ramble on through life, Brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole.”-- Margaret Atwood

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”

– Maya Angelou

1 Like

“If you start your politics from the primacy of the will over reason, then there is no grounding for ethics or law apart from raw power itself” - James Soriano

1 Like

“Never regret being a good person, to the wrong people. Your behavior says everything about you, and their behavior says enough about them.”-- Author Unknown

1 Like

“If you have men who will exclude any of God’s creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.” -St. Francis of Assisi-

1 Like

2 Likes

“It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.”-- Anonymous

1 Like

Fine Linen, thank you for that GMD quote!

The thing a Christian does is not only his “real belief” but the whole basis of his life in God. I’m sure GMD would have said the same.

1 Like

You’re on a roll Don!!

Dear Paidion: Geo. MacDonald is without question for me beyond beyond! His grasp of the Holy makes me weep. C.S. Lewis disclosed that everything he wrote was linked with this mighty giant of the Lord.