The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Should we form universalist congregations?

I had to google that acronym. I am, like, SO behind the curve… :laughing:

Another one is LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM.

I suspect that they are just getting started. Give it a few years and they’ll look something like LGBTTQQFAGPBDSMASDLKFJDEWAFJEOWNVOIAWINUNCIUWEAUHTIUBBHBWAEHFBEWHJFBWEBFYEWAFEWFBEWANMBJWEFWE.

:laughing:

Acronyphobia
The irrational fear of acronyms. One might have been in a very confusing conversation, not knowing what they were being told because of the excessive use of acronyms. When they hear an acronym, or see one, they have similar panic attacks and feelings to that of other phobias.
Dude, I’ve got Acronyphobia. I can’t bear to hear or see an acronym, and just talking about it makes me shudder. - the Urban Dictionary

Yep, that’s me :laughing:

Here’s a trivia fact about acronyms at:

Which is the longest acronym in use?

So you don’t accept ROTFLBTCDICAJTTWADBSIHPWTRHITSBKABAYB as the longest English acronym according to the Urban Dictionary.

It is an acronym for “Rolling on the floor laughing biting the carpet dancing in circles and jumping through the window almost dying by smashing into HP who’s then running horrified into the street being killed accidentally by a yellow bulldozer.”

By the way, years ago, I wondered why there was not a word to describe a vacillating object whose vacillation accelerates until it stops. I’m sure you’ve seen that happen. So I coined the word “wangulate”:

I contributed this word and definition to an urban dictionary on the internet, and it spread to slang dictionaries all over the world. Later, I discovered that the word was already in existence with a crude meaning. However,at one time there were around a dozen dictionaries world-wide that contained my definition. At the present time, I can find only three:

slovar-vocab.com/english/slang-vocabulary/wangulate-6489440.html

johnscabin.com/slang/W.html

talk.patoghu.com/

Unfortunately, though the word supposedly entered the third dictionary on June 13, 2010, when I went to the site, I could not actually find the word. It appears to be a dictionary from India, and there must be a way of searching it of which I am not aware.

You know, if you like this church and the folks there, and are comfortable, why not hang with it a while… See what happens. And it is close to you. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water :laughing: You might never have to deal with the issue. Hard to say. And if so your voice could mean something. And you could become a game changer. God may have big things in store for you! :smiley:

I’ll be prayin for ya.
Chad

From my understanding, while ELCA allows a pro-Gay marriage, etc, each individual church, congregation and clergy, are free to implement their own policies - regarding it. I do know ELCA Lutherans, who are really quite conservative.

AActually, there is one Evangelical Universalist denomination, the General Lutheran Church. https://www.generallutheranchurch.org/