The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Sin?

Is sin transgression of the law? If so, didn’t Jesus break the law? If not what is it?

Nimble,
If you haven’t already read this then do. And give us some feedback.

I haven’t. I actually tried to download it earlier but couldn’t. I just did though. I’ll read it and be back.

Man, what a coincidence, and the rabbit hole goes deeper than I thought.

I heard the other day that we basically went to an Old Testament church. This proves his case.

Does the Law equal sin, no, but sin needs to be defined as anything that puts self over God and others. That which is written in the Law shows us what sin is, but what is not mentioned, and which Jesus and the New Testament Apostles point out, it includes the Law.

“For whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”

Did Jesus break the law? Did Jesus sin?

Jesus neither broke the Law, nor upheld it. Yet, many things he did appears to show him breaking the Law and not maintaining it. Yet, it is pretty hard to break the Law, when He is the Faith which the Law spoke of that supersedes it.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=212#p1426

Have you read this?

If he was ever contrary to the Law then He broke the Law, didn’t He? I 'm not getting what you are trying to say.

He is the Faith that supercedes the Law. You cannot break the Law, when you are the authority that supersedes the Law in all aspects.

John 1:45
Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

Matthew 5:17
The Fulfillment of the Law ] “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; **I have **not **come **to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Romans 3:21
But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested,** being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets**, even the righteousness of God through faith of Jesus Christ and to all those who believe; for there is no distinction.

Galatians 3:23-25
But before Faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith and now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Christ is the Faith, which the Law revealed, now that Jesus has been made manifest, the Law has served it’s purpose and submits even to Christ.

If anyone submits themselves back under the Law, they are now sinning by keeping it over following Christ who redeemed us from the curse the Law brought.