The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Snippets of Bulgakov

So logged and noted in my namelist for potential use someday. :smiley: Pronunciation?

Except that then it looks (to an English reader anyway) like some awesome masculine villain (as though someone built a name out of ‘dead’ and ‘death’ and ‘wrath’), instead of a silly-but-multi-layered girl (who can be called “Dee” for short); although the awesome villainy might fit your etymological guess about how the word was originally built (‘without-abundance’).

As for a whole new novel… hah! I still have like 36 books to go in this series, before prequels. :laughing: Fortunately, while I can come up with new novel ideas, I’m not a person who feels like I ought to be trying to write those, too. (Also, the plot scope is large enough that I can usually find a way to incorporate novel ideas into the series as it stands.) Unfortunately, having only one large work to market means I really had only one book (the first one) to market to publishers, back before I started my own company. I’m much happier (if rather poorer!) being in control of the publishing, though.

Same here! :wink: In fact, I’ve been trying to decide what the ‘real’ name of one of my characters operating under a nom de guerre ought to be; and considering how much he suffers during the story, that first name jumps right out as an ironic visual pun. His family are nobles, too, so though I’ve already named the house (Uttar), the last name would make sense as a family name–the house name would be the political title of the family, and thus also the lordship name/title of the highest authority in the family (Lord Uttar–or Lady as the case might occasionally be.)

So don’t be surprised if, late in Book 3 (or, um, afterward, if he survives :mrgreen: {spoiler avoidance engaged}) you see this acknowledged as his full name. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(If you’ve read CoJ, you can pm me about which character if you want.)

Hear-eyeth with the stress on the first syllable and the th as in things not this.

I’ve uploaded recordings of myself saying both words plus me reciting the Lord’s Prayer in Welsh which might be of interest to you as a curiosity (the Welsh of 1588 no less which is what I had to say in school assembly every day :smiley: )

They are at the top of the following page…

alderman-family.info/theology