The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Something i want to ask everyone

I agree true love would not do that. But true love would heal that mind. True love would remove the veil that prevents the child from seeing what their heavenly Father really is. Sin is more like a disease that we need healing and rehabilitation from than anything else. IMHO

URPilgrim, Yes. If there is any brainwashing it will be done by the washing of the water of the living Word. :slight_smile:

The best way in my mind to deal with it is to see that God both loves and hates the rapist. In hell he destroys the old sinful self of the rapist and creates a new person without sinful desires during purification. Thus making it impossible for the reborn person to sin. The new person has a new name that was written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world.

The Bible speaks of God as being a fire. The fires of God not only punish and condemn to extinction by turning the wicked to ash but they purify and correct also. The Lake Of Fire is where the wicked are destroyed and turned to ashes. It’s the second death of body and soul. From these ashes the fires of God create a new person that is free from sin. For the LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and raises up. This is how He operates in the Bible. He desires the salvation of all. For God is the savior of all people. Especially of them that believe.

I sure hope so. What’s worse - child rape or murdering the prince of life? Murdering the prince of life is on all of our heads… Jesus shows up to clarify the “exact representation of the father” and decrees “father forgive them - for they don’t know what they’re doing”. Jesus shows that God the father forgives the clueless. Humans may get jailed and put to death for raping children, but they won’t be unforgiven. It’s the spirit of grace that teaches us to say no to unrighteousness. Right behavior comes from us resting in our blamelessness, not our feasting on the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. I agree that the child rapist will have a very rough ride, but Jesus is mighty to save, not struggling to save.

No. Such “monsters” have the ability to choose the same as everyone else. After they receive the “treatment”, correction in the Lake of Fire, coupled with God’s direct dealing with them, and possibly the ministry of the perfected sons of God, they will sooner or later submit to the authority of God and develop the personality that God intended each of them to possess.

I think also that most of us who are not monsters, might also require some of the same treatment, albeit possibly to a lesser extent.

Well, let me ask you a question, "If traditional evangelical infernalism is true and the child rapist repents (says the sinners prayer confessing his faith in Jesus receiving Jesus into his heart) then will he be saved, will he “make it”?

Of course he will be saved. The issue of salvation rests not in how bad a person is, but in how good God is. Does love fail? Does Jesus fail to save anyone? Is it God who saves us or is salvation dependant upon how good we are, do we save ourselves?