The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Summary of answers received on questions about predestination of sin and false teachers

Summary of answers received on questions about predestination of sin and false teachers

For those who believe that God predestines everything, I have the following questions:

If God is so holy that He cannot look upon sin, how can He predestine it and why did He do so?

If God cannot lie, how can he predestine false teachers and their teachings and why did He do so?

The two ideas that God (1) hates sin and (2) makes it impossible for some people to not sin are so blatantly mutually exclusive it’s a wonder there are Calvinists.

Just imagine that I hate when dust travels north. But also imagine that I put a fan behind clumps of dust facing north. Would anyone take my claim to hate dust traveling north seriously?

That God predestines everything can be refuted by 1 John 2:15-16.

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.”

Actually, if you Google a bit…the Calvinists will have, their own theological “spin” on it.

I added a summary of answers received on questions about predestination of sin and false teachers to the OP.

That is a very good summary, thanks.