The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Meaninglessness of Christian Inclusivism without....

I personally believe that a person’s salvation is actualized when they have a personal encounter with Jesus Christ; whenever that may be, and irrespective of theological (or other) labels. I also believe that in some sense(s) (Thanks to the crucifixion and resurrection), we may be considered to be ontologically saved before this is actualized.
I would agree however, that repentance (metanoia) is an integral part of the actualization. God is always the initiator, but it seems clear that the scriptural pattern is that there is some sort of response on our part. Where I think we can get into trouble is attempting to attach rules as to how and when this must happen and what it must look like from our point of view.

But that’s just how I roll, I guess. :wink:

Okay, Yoda Hulk, we disagree on part of this, but please do not beat me up about it :laughing:

No problem;
I have temporarily switched to the kinder, gentler, and more Christmas-appropriate “Caroling-Yoda” :laughing:

What the Hebraist tells me is that if God decides bring about an event, it’s as good as done already! So we may as well say that God has already done it.