The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Restitution Of All Things

Our God is the God of restoration.

The koine katallage signifies not atonement (at-one-ment) but reconciliation.

Katallage means to restore to an unimpaired position of conciliation, literally to bring into accord & harmony.

Our God is bringing His creation back to at-one-ment!

The Heavenly Big Gulp =

Katapino =

To swallow down death by/in victory.

To devour/ to drink/ to swallow.

Death, all thanatos, is overcome by Life.

Death is destroyed forever in victory.

Death is swallowed by/in triumphant Life.

Jonathan Mitchell N.T. =

“The death was drunk down and swallowed unto victory.”

The following post is by another individual, but reflects why for me, the Restitution is not simply Scripture, but our Father healing our broken beings.

My friend died suddenly a month ago of a brain aneurysm. She left behind a son, aged 26. He weighs 35 pounds and wears child-sized clothing. He was born with over 100 anomalies, one of which is that a portion of his brain never formed. His mentality is about that of a four-month old. His body is twisted. He is blind. He doesn’t speak, he doesn’t laugh, he doesn’t cry. He occasionally makes some noise, for example, when the wind is blowing in his face, which he seems to enjoy. He will also reach for you and grasp your hand or finger.

Yet, when you hold this boy, you feel his spirit. There is someone in there, and it’s my theory that you feel his spirit so strongly because he lacks the physical and mental defenses that the rest of us hide behind.

I think he’s ahead of the rest of us spiritually. I also think he will follow his mother before too long. He was expected to die shortly after birth, then at two, and now it’s anyone’s guess. I believe that now that he does not hear the sound of her voice, he will leave.

Ahh, when (in my view) we put aside the Idea of our history, in other words God created us to be as we are… so there is NO moral luck or stance that precipitates our salvation. God / Jesus did it all. No questions.

You can read the texts how you want but in the end is the recognition of the fact “Is God able to do what he wants with His creation?”

1 Like

True that man’s ego is great and sometimes he wants to be greater then God, but that is not evidence Satan is a myth. I’m not aware of any biblical evidence Satan is a myth. Of course anything is possible but for example in Job it’s hard to make a case that Satan is man’s ego or lust and when he tested Jesus and conversed with Jesus ,he sure seemed real.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

This picture is from the catacombs and is the earliest picture of what the earliest Christians believed.

Sheep & goats are His!

1 Like

That’s where we disagree. There is no proof that there is some supernatural ‘satan-devil’ other than in mans own hard heart.

NOTHING!

1. Not death.

2. Not life.

3. Not angels.

4. Not powers.

5. Not the present/ not the future.

6. No power.

ouden = NOTHING

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers are able to separate us from the love of God.

"But if God himself has taken up residence in your life, you can hardly be thinking more of yourself than of him. Anyone, of course, who has not welcomed this invisible but clearly present God, the Spirit of Christ, won’t know what we’re talking about.

But for you who welcome him, in whom he dwells - even though you still experience all the limitations of sin - you yourself experience life on God’s terms.

It stands to reason, doesn’t it, that if the alive-and-present God who raised Jesus from the dead moves into your life, he’ll do the same thing in you that he did in Jesus, bringing you alive to himself? When God lives and breathes in you (and he does, as surely as he did in Jesus) , you are delivered from that dead life. With his Spirit living in you, your body will be as alive as Christ’s!

So don’t you see that we don’t owe this old do-it-yourself life one red cent. There’s nothing in it for us, nothing at all. The best thing to do is give it a decent burial and get on with your new life.

God’s Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go! This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike ‘What’s next, Papa’?

God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what’s coming to us - an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we’re certainly going to go through the good times with him!

That’s why I don’t think there’s any comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what’s coming next.

Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.

All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it’s not only around us; it’s within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We’re also feeling the birth pangs.

These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don’t see what is enlarging us.

But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans.

He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him.

After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.

So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us?

And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us - who was raised to life for us! - is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us.

Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture: They kill us in cold blood because they hate you. We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.

None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us.

I’m absolutely convinced that nothing - nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable - absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us." (MSG)

Acts 3:21

“Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.” (KJV)

“Who is to be kept in heaven till the time when all things are put right , of which God has given word by the mouth of his holy prophets, who have been from the earliest times.”
(BBE)

“Whom heaven must receive until the time for establishing all that God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from long ago.”(Common)

“Whom heaven indeed must receive till the times of the restoring of all things , of which God has spoken by the mouth of his holy prophets since time began.” (Darby)

“Heaven must receive him until the time of universal restoration that God announced long ago through the voice of his holy prophets.” (ISV)

Whom, indeed, heaven must retain till the time of the accomplishment of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets, from the beginning of time.
(LO)

"Whom the heavens must receive until the time of restoration of all things. “God spoke of this ages ago, through the mouth of his holy prophets.” (Montgomery)

“Whom the heavens must retain, until the completion of the times of those things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of his holy prophets of old.” (Murdock)

“Unto whom, indeed, heaven must needs give welcome, until the times of the due establishment of all things , of which God hath spoken through the mouth of his holy age-past prophets.” (Rotherham)

“Whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things , which God spoke long ago by the mouth of his holy prophets.” (WEB)

"Heaven must receive Him until those times of which God has spoken from the earliest ages through the lips of His holy Prophets–the times of the reconstitution of all things. "
(Weymouth)

“Whom it behoveth heaven, indeed, to receive till times of a restitution of all things, of which God spake through the mouth of all His holy prophets from the age.” (YLT)

“…of universal restoration” TCNT

“…of the great Restoration” (James Moffatt)

“…for the universal reformation…” (Goodspeed)

“…when all things are put right” (BAS)

“…when all is restored anew.” Monsig. Ronald Knox

“…until the whole world is re-created” Rieu

“…until the final recovery of all things from sin.” Kenneth Taylor

“Now it’s time to change your ways! Turn to face God so he can wipe away your sins, pour out showers of blessing to refresh you, and send you the Messiah he prepared for you, namely, Jesus. For the time being he must remain out of sight in heaven until everything is restored to order again just the way God, through the preaching of his holy prophets of old, said it would be. -MSG-

What does restitution mean?

Restitution= Apokatastsis

Apokatastsis=

Restoration of a true theocracy.

Of the perfect state before the fall.

Apokatastsis Rooted In Apokathistemi

Apokathistemi=

To restore to its former state.

To be in its former state.

Apokathistemi Rooted In Apo

Apo=

Of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed.

Of the place whence anything is, comes, befalls, is taken
of origin of a cause.

Apokathistemi Rooted In Kathistemi

Kathistemi=

To set/ place/ put.

To set one over a thing (in charge of it)

To appoint one to administer an office.

To set down as/ constitute/ to declare/ show to be.

To constitute/ to render/ make/ cause to be.

To conduct or bring to a certain place.

To show or exhibit one’s self/ come forward as.

Apokathistemi Rooted In Histemi

Histemi=

To cause or make to stand/ to place/ put/ set.

To make firm, fix establish.

To stand, be kept intact (of family, a kingdom), to escape in safety.

To uphold or sustain the authority or force of anything
to set or place in a balance.

Continue safe and sound, stand unharmed, to stand ready or prepared.

To be of a steadfast mind.

Of quality, one who does not hesitate, does not waiver.

What do the prophets and sages proclaim?

Genesis=

18:18 all the nations of the earth will be blessed.

28:14 all the families of the earth will be blessed.

1 Kings=

8:43 all the people of the earth will come to know and fear you, just as your own people Israel do.

Psalms=

46:10 “I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”

65:2 O you who hear prayer, to you shall all flesh come.

86:9 All the nations you made will come and bow before you, Lord; they will praise your holy name.

138:4 O Jehovah, all kings of earth confess Thee, When they have heard the sayings of Thy mouth.

Isaiah=

11:9 Nothing will hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain, for as the waters fill the sea, so the earth will be filled with people who know the LORD.

52:10 The LORD will lay bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.

52:15 Kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they understand.

61:11 or as the earth brings forth its bud, and as the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord Yahweh will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

65:1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, to a nation that was not called by my name.

66:18 it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

66:23 all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the LORD.

Lamentations=

3:31-32 For the Lord will not cast off for ever: but though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

(NLT)- For no one is abandoned by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion because of the greatness of his unfailing love.

Daniel=

7:14 And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.

7:27 …the Most High. His kingdom will last forever, and all rulers will serve and obey him."

Micah=

4:1-5 …he will teach us his ways,
and we will walk in his paths."
For the LORD’s teaching will go out from Zion;
his word will go out from Jerusalem.
The LORD will mediate between peoples
and will settle disputes between strong nations far away.
They will hammer their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will no longer fight against nation,
nor train for war anymore.
Everyone will live in peace and prosperity,
enjoying their own grapevines and fig trees,
for there will be nothing to fear.

Habakkuk=

2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Mega (large) news!

Jesus Christ IS the Reconciliation for our sins

AND>>>>>>

He is the reconciliation for NOT our sins ONLY (monon & monos)

BUT>>>>>>

For the sins of the WHOLE world (the radical all).

The entire sins of the entire ungodly world!

Yes this is the good news.

1 Like

1 Like

Isaiah 46:10 Y L T

“Declaring from the beginning the latter end, And from of old that which hath not been done, Saying, `My counsel doth stand, And all My [delight / Desire] I do”.

Lexicon :: Strong’s H2654 - chaphets

Outline of Biblical Usage

1. to delight in, take pleasure in, desire, be pleased with
  2. of men
  3. to take pleasure in, delight in
  4. to delight, desire, be pleased to do
  5. of God
  6. to delight in, have pleasure in
  7. to be pleased to do
  8. to move, bend down

1 Tim 2:4 Y L

“who doth [will / Desire] all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth”.

Lexicon :: Strong’s G2309 - thelō

Outline of Biblical Usage

1. to will, have in mind, intend
  2. to be resolved or determined, to purpose
  3. to desire, to wish
  4. to love
  5. to like to do a thing, be fond of doing
  6. to take delight in, have pleasure

Apostle Paul understood this ….

1 Tim 4:10 Y L T

“for for this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men – especially of those believing”.

Isaiah 45 :22-23 Y L T

22 Turn to Me, and be saved, all ends of the earth, For I [am] God, and there is none else.
23 By Myself I have sworn, Gone out from my mouth in righteousness hath a word, And it turneth not back, That to Me, bow doth every knee, every tongue swear.

Apostle Paul also understood this …

Philippians 2:10-11 Y L T

10 that in the name of Jesus every knee may bow – of heavenlies, and earthlies, and what are under the earth -- 11 and every tongue may confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God sent his son /Christ / to be the saviour of the world !!!

1 Jhon 4:14 Y L T

And we – we have seen and do testify, that the Father hath sent the Son –saviour of the world “.

Jhon 4 :42 Y L T

“and said to the woman – `No more because of thy speaking do we believe; for we ourselves have heard and known that this is truly the Saviour of the world – the Christ”.

If God sends his son to save the world, and Christ doesn’t succeed in all that God desires him to do, then God must of somehow failed. Either we believe in a God who succeeds or a God who fails. I m h o there is no getting away from these two options.

1 Like

The heathen gods need to be appeased. Their good will is not their natural attitude but something that must be earned first. This use of the word is foreign to the Greek Bible whether in the Septuagint or in the NT. It is never used of any act whereby man brings God into a favorable attitude or gracious disposition.

Our gracious and loving Father loves us, He always has, He always will. He is the God of hilaskomai

A.P. Adams Propitiation

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/Spir…eAtonement.htm

From CAC;

Some of the Eastern religions, particularly Buddhism, did a very thorough investigation of the nature of the Head Center. That’s one of the reasons I think Thomas Merton was drawn to studying certain things about Buddhist practice. What [Eastern traditions] all agree on is the true nature of Mind is complete stillness, silence, and spaciousness. Boundless stillness, peace, clarity, forever and ever, amen. So I would say that the Head Center gives us the possibility of sensing, recognizing the Eternal Presence that’s right here in the midst of phenomena. . . .

There is this process of opening to this stillness, the vast freedom, peace, clarity of the soul, of spirit. . . . You could see your thoughts are happening. [But] what surrounds them and is inside them is this tremendous peace and stillness. And . . . this stillness is not inactive. . . . The stillness . . . brings the sense of knowing, of recognition, of clarity and wisdom. Don [Riso] and I have called it the sense of guidance, where you’re kind of clear it’s not you thinking exactly. It’s like a spontaneous recognition of truth/reality that just comes. You don’t have to plan it. It’s like you just relax and suddenly. . . . Pow. There it is. It’s right in your mind. [1]

Will God Save All Mankind?

https://ocog.thischurch.org/n/100_scriptures_proofs_tha_jesus_will_save_all_mankind.html

https://uudb.org/articles/thomaswhittemore.html

The Lord has declared the entire universe of the heavens, earth & underworld will ultimately bow the knee & confess in worship of unrestrained tones “You are Lord”! This worship is NOT by perfunctory genuflections but IN/EN His lovely Name.

“Assuredly the Bible is not the story of sin, deepening into eternal ruin, of God’s Son, worsted in His utmost effort; it is from the opening to the close the story of grace stronger than sin - of life victorious over every form of death - of God triumphing over evil.”

All sin, all thanantos swallowed up in Life!

Every created thing (pan ktisma). Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels (from ktizw, for which see 1 Timothy 4:4 ; James 1:18 ), from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth as in verse James 3 , with on the sea epi th qalassh added).

No created thing is left out. This universal chorus of praise to Christ from all created life reminds one of the profound mystical passage in Romans 8:20-22 concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (ktisi) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption. If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off. Saying (legonta). Masculine (construction according to sense, personifying the created things) if genuine, though some MSS. have legonta (grammatical gender agreeing with panta) present active participle of legw, to say. And to the Lamb (kai twi arniwi). Dative case. Praise and worship are rendered to the Lamb precisely as to God on the throne. -A.T. Robertson-