The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Restitution Of All Things

Plan A or plan b minus?

“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”

plan b-

If I be lifted up from the earth I will draw some of mankind unto Myself.

I will drag off with power some of mankind.

I will try to lead off some of mankind, but will fail.

"As in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive"

plan b minus=

As in Adam all die, so in Christ shall some be made alive

"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God…"

plan b-

Some have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God…

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life…"

plan b minus=

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon some men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon some men unto justification of life.

Yes friends there is more!

Does all mean all?

The radical πᾶς/pas.

0 Likes

Plan A=

“that IN/EN the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

Alternate plan b minus

that IN/EN the name of Jesus every knee might bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,and every tongue might acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the potential glory of God the Father.

Does all mean all?

The radical πᾶς/pas.

πᾶς =ALL

Strong’s #3956 — Adjective — pas — pas )

Radically means “all.”

Used without the article it means “every,” every kind or variety. So the RV marg. in Ephesians 2:21 , “every building,” and the text in Ephesians 3:15 , “every family,” and the RV marg. of Acts 2:36 , “every house;” or it may signify “the highest degree,” the maximum of what is referred to, as, “with all boldness” Acts 4:29 .

Before proper names of countries, cities and nations, and before collective terms, like “Israel,” it signifies either “all” or “the whole,” e.g., Matthew 2:3 ; Acts 2:36 . Used with the article, it means the whole of one object.

In the plural it signifies “the totality of the persons or things referred to.” Used without a noun it virtually becomes a pronoun, meaning “everyone” or “anyone.”

In the plural with a noun it means “all.”

One form of the neuter plural (panta) signifies “wholly, together, in all ways, in all things,” Acts 20:35 ; 1 Corinthians 9:25 . The neuter plural without the article signifies “all things severally,” e.g., John 1:3 ; 1 Corinthians 2:10 ; preceded by the article it denotes “all things,” as constituting a whole, e.g., Romans 11:36 ; 1 Corinthians 8:6 ; Ephesians 3:9 .

0 Likes

Plan A or alternate plan b minus?

Plan A=

“For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, specially of those that believe. Command this and teach this…”

Alternate plan=

For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of some men, and only those who believe. Command this and teach this…

Plan A

“And every/ pas creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be to him that sits on the throne, and to the Lamb for ever and ever.”

Alternate plan b minus=

And some creatures which are in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and some that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be to him that sits on the throne, and to the Lamb for ever and ever.

0 Likes

“We all must die and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again, but the Lord does not take away life, instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored.”

All= the radical all

“Devise”=

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/devise

“banish”=

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/banished

Restore=

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/restore

0 Likes

“We all must die and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again, but the Lord does not take away life, instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored.”

N.T. Restore=

Verb — apodidomi

Apodidomi=

To give back

To deliver.

“I restore” -Luke 19:8-

Apokathistemi

Apokathistemi=

Alternative form apokathistano

Restoration to a former condition of health.

Divine restoration.

Reclamation.

Verb — katartizo

Katartizo=

To mend.

To furnish completely.

To fit. To mend. to perfect.

Metaphorically, of the restoration by those who are spiritual, of one overtaken in a trespass, such a one being as a dislocated member of the spiritual body.

The tense is the continuous present, suggesting the necessity for patience and perseverance in the process.

0 Likes

Dr. William Barclay

Overview - William Barclay’s Daily Study Bible

“Here is a tremendous picture of Christ. He is the fulfilment of all the hopes and dreams of Israel, for he is the Lion of Judah and the Root of David. He is the one whose sacrifice availed for men, and who still bears the marks of it in the heavenly places. But the tragedy has turned to triumph and the shame to glory; and he is the one whose all-conquering might none can withstand and whose all-seeing eye none can escape.” -Rev. 5.13-

0 Likes