The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Restitution Of All Things

NO, NO, NO, it is a personal opinion on a forum. You obviously disagree with me, I used the word ‘hate’ because that is how your responses portray you as…

I am merely stating that in my opinion, God in His infinite wisdom has done everything to reconcile ALL of mankind to Him. Davo was kind enough to supply the scriptural texts, but to be honest, Your attack was centered around my statement that…

So, at some point you want to talk about this in a civilized manner, let’s have at it. My opinion is as valid as yours. I don’t subscribe to church fathers or Christian tradition, so please don’t bother with those. I am a Universalist tried and true, and believe in the Hebrew God of the book we call the bible.

Go figure…

Jonathan Mitchell N.T.Translation & Words of Life

Jonathan Mitchell - Writings And New Testament Translations

John Gavazzoni Words of Life

http://greater-emmanuel.org/jg/jgindex.html

The Pure Expression of the Good News

Many authors of the Good News of our God>>>>

BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM: The Purest Expression of the Gospel!

The Song Of Creation (W.F.Adeney)

“When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy” Job 38:7

A GLAD SONG.

This highly poetic picture describes the joy of creation. When the world was made God saw that it was good (Genesis 1:10). There is no Manichaean pessimism in the Bible. Nature is full of gladness. This we should expect when we know the character of God, for he whose name is love must take pleasure in the joy of his creatures. We may see the same truth in the construction of the world. It is beautiful, and made to minister to the happiness of the myriads of living creatures that inhabit it. We may find it hard to catch the echoes of the song of creation, yet even amid the toils and cares of life it is cheering to be reminded of its rare and ravishing melody.

A SONG OF PRAISE.

This was more than gladness. The Creator’s glory is celebrated in the joyful recognition of the greatness and beauty of his works. Nature-worship always tends to grovel in the mire, twining itself most closely about the lowest thing in nature. Wordsworth was a prophet of nature of the highest order, because he saw more than nature, and because he took nature as a mirror of the spiritual world. The glad praises of the sons of the morning begin the history of the world with a hymn to God.

A HOPEFUL SONG.

It was sung by morning stars, in view of the new day of creation. It sprang out of the fresh youth of the world. We praise God for what he has done since that first psalm was sung. Yet we too can sing in hope, for God still lights up the future with glory. There is always something melancholy in a song of memory. The right attitude of the sons of God is the forward gaze.

A HARMONIOUS SONG.

The morning stars sang together. Plato discovered the music of the spheres in their rhythmic movements. There is no music in war, confusion, or selfishness. The joy of heaven is the gladness of love. Sympathy tunes the sweetest music the heart can utter. If we would emulate the joyous praises of the angels, we must follow their willing obedience, and live in that heavenly atmosphere of love which is their home.

AN ANCIENT SONG.

Vastly more ancient than any one imagined in the days of Job. The brain grows dizzy in the vain attempt to form some idea of the immeasurable antiquity that is opened up to us by the wonderful story of geology. Before all that came the first song of creation. This thought dwarfs the life of man. Job had considered of the brevity of life from another point of view, and with regard to the melancholy prospect of its termination. Now he is to look back and see how recent was his origin. This was to check dogmatic assumptions. How can the creature of a day enter into the age-long counsels of God?

AS ETERNAL SONG.

The far-off antiquity was joyous in the light and love of God. But the Divine light and love have not laded out of the world. God is still creating. Every fresh spring is a new birth from God, every day has its dawning, every child its gladsome youth. The theory of evolution suggests even more joyous creations in the future. But better than them all is the second creation, the regeneration of souls, for which there is joy in the presence of the angels of God (Luke 15:10). The joy of creation is the angels’ joy; that of redemption is “in the presence of the angels.” For this greater joy does not first arise in them; it springs from the very heart of God.

CLEMENT 190 A.D.

“All men are Christ’s, some by knowing Him, the rest not yet.”

“He is the Savior, not of some (only) and of the rest not”

(i.e., He is actually Savior of all)

“for how is He Lord and Savior if He is not Lord and Savior of all ?”

But He is indeed Savior of those who believe * * while of those who do not believe He is Lord, until having become able to confess Him, they obtain through Him the benefit appropriate and suitable (to their case) He by the Father’s will directs the salvation of all

For all things have been ordered, both universally and in part, by the Lord of the universe; with a view to the salvation of the universe.

** But needful correction, by the goodness of the great overseeing Judge, through (by means of) the attendant angels, through various prior judgments, through the final (pantelous) judgment, compels even those who have become still more callous to repent* . - Strom. lib. vii. pp. 702-6, Cologne, 1688.

Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin chapter four

“And all mankind (all flesh) will see/ shall see God’s salvation.”

“The Lord will be terrible unto them; for He will famish all the gods of the earth, and men shall worship Him, every one from his place and all the isles of the heathen.” -Zeph. 2:11-

“Men shall worship Him”

“Every one”

“From his place”

“And all the isles of the heathen”

Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms, to pour out all My burning anger; for all the earth will be devoured by the fire of My zeal. -Zeph. 3:8,9

The purpose of our Lord’s burning anger, and zeal, and devouring? =

"For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, that all of them may call upon the Name of the Lord, to serve Him with one consent (shoulder to shoulder).

Our Lord declares through His prophet that He will bring all men, “all of them”, to worship Him with one consent, from their place, as He purifies lips by His burning fire, to call upon Him.

"The Lord of Hosts will make unto all peoples a feast of rich food, a banquet of matured wine well refined. And He will destroy the face of the covering cast over all people , and the veil that is spread over all nations . He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God shall wipe away tears from off all faces ;…for the Living Life has spoken it.

All men, even the isles of the “heathen” serving the Lord shoulder to shoulder! The veil, covering “all people”, and "all nations, destroyed. Swallowing up death in nothing short of victory! Tears wiped away from “all faces.” The One who endorses such statements? = The Living Life who has spoken it!

"I will gather the lame, and gather the outcasts, even those whom I have afflicted …and the Lord shall reign over them in Mount Zion from now on and forever.

“There is but one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all, who rules over all, acts through all, and dwells in all. Yet to each of us individually grace was given, measured out with the munificence of Christ. For this reason Scripture says: ‘He re-ascended on high, He led captive a host of captives, and gave gifts to men.’ (Now this ‘re-ascended’ --what does it mean but that He had first descended into the lower regions of the earth? He who descended is the same as He who ascended again far above all the Heavens in order to fill the universe.”

Post by Saint Steven

What is this word “munificence” which I have never before seen? (bold above)

“Yet to each of us individually grace was given, measured out with the munificence of Christ.” Definition below.

The common creed (Damnationism) views grace as given out sparingly, only to a select few. Withheld from the majority. But this scriptures indicates the liberality, the extraordinary and lavish bounty that is spread thick and generously. Brimming and overflowing, running free, uncontained. Messy grace spilling everywhere without apology. We’ll need to mop up the overflow.

The whole pitcher of grace for us poured into our cup, running across the table and dripping on the floor. Uncontainable, the virtual flood of grace. Like a tsunami for the thirsty. Best bring your surfboard.

munificence

• n.
    Fortification or strength; defense.
  • n.
    The quality or character of being munificent; a giving or bestowing with great liberality or lavishness; bounty; liberality. Also munificency.
  • n.
    The quality or state of being munificent; a giving or bestowing with extraordinary liberality; generous bounty; lavish generosity.

munificent

• adj.
    Very liberal in giving; generous.
  • adj.
    Showing great generosity: synonym : liberal .
  • Extremely liberal in giving or bestowing; very generous: as, a munificent benefactor or patron.

The First 500 Years

https://tentmaker.org/books/Prevailing.html

1 Like

“I thank God that He has at last brought me to a lively sense of His infinite goodness and mercy to all, and that I now see it in all His works, and in every page of His Word. It has taught me to love every man and to rejoice in the happiness which our Heavenly Father intends for all; and has dispersed all the gloomy and melancholy thoughts which arise from the apprehension of eternal misery for myself or friends.

How long, or how much God will punish wicked men, He has nowhere said, and therefore I cannot tell. But this I am sure of, that in judgment He will remember mercy; that He chastens only because He loves, and His tender mercies are over all His works. God will conduct the wicked through all the afflictions which He thinks fit to lay upon them for their good, with infinite tenderness and compassion.” - Dr. David Hartley-

Christ Jesus will deliver all mankind out of bondage. This I see to be a truth by testimony of Scripture, as God is pleased to teach me. But this mystery of God is not to be done all at once, but in several dispensations, some whereof are past, some are in being, and some are yet to come. The whole creation of mankind, which is God’s work, shall be delivered from corruption, bondage, death, and pain. Mankind shall be by Christ reconciled to his Maker and be made one in spirit with Him; i.e. the curse shall be removed, and the power of it killed and consumed.

Truly this is according to the current of the whole Scriptures, that everyone shall be made of one heart and one spirit, i.e. that all shall be brought to obey the Father, walk humbly before Him, and live in peace and love in Him. This is the doctrine of Christ and the gospel. This is glad tidings to hear of. When you are made to enjoy this doctrine as yours, then you shall know what it is to know the Son, and what it is to be set free by the Son.” – Gerard Winstanley- (The mystery of God)

No more let sin and sorrow grow
Nor thorns infest the ground:
He comes to make his blessings flow
Far as the curse is found,
Far as the curse is found,
Far as, far as the curse is found.

Restoration (The Feast of Tabernacles)

“The feast of tabernacles means the feast of in-gathering. It takes an eight day period to bring in the fullness of the in-gathering. Eight is the number of new beginnings in scripture or full restoration

1 Corinthians 15 is the last chapter in the Bible. The fifteenth chapter clearly shows how great the totality of the feast of tabernacles will be.

‘As in Adam all die (every preacher will agree that all people are in Adam but few believe that the word all mean all in the second part of the verse) so in Christ all shall be made alive.’ Jesus is going to gather all together in Himself.

He will have everyone in His nature.

Everything that occurs, occurs in the plan and order of God. In 1 Corinthians 15 God shows that there are different orders. The highest order is Jesus Christ.

Everything will, in time, be brought into Jesus Christ. All shall be gathered into Him. When this is done then Jesus, the Son, will turn all over to the Father. It is then we find that time ends, for God becomes All in all (verse 28). -Chas. Weller-

God All & in all

Welcome to Hope

About – Tentmaker

Iran has world’s ‘fastest-growing church,’ despite no buildings - and it’s mostly led by women: documentary

Do you know that our God speaks in the red letters and the black letters and the white spaces between the lines. The only thing necessary is the unction of His Spirit to grasp any of it!

And then, there are those wonderful awakenings from death where letters are not involved, only a simple awakening.

Jesus Christ is the One who is the Master of ephphatha. The vast, vast majority have never heard His voice once in their experience on this side of Glory. Our God is indeed the beginning & the ending, the Aleph & Tav of all that is. There is no animal in our Father’s world called “too late”.

“Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise of the glory of His grace , wherein He has made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace ; Wherein He has abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of His will , according to His good pleasure which He has purposed in Himself :That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who works all things after the counsel of His own will .”

1 Like

The punishment of the Father of all fathers is not merely correction: it is correction that improves, changes, transforms for the better.

Our God punishes with an objective in view, not as an end in itself!

There are dual aspects to our Father’s Realm as shown in the following…

Tamiym/ 'ymt means to be consumed, destroyed, exhausted and spent, but also to be finished and made sound.

Kalal has the same meaning, linking destruction, being spent, exhausted, as well as to be finished and made sound.

Tamam, the root word of Tamiym means to be finished, complete, summed up, made whole: linked with to be consumed, exhausted, spent and destroyed.

Shalam/ ~IX, another expression of destruction, has the scope of being finished and ended, made good or whole, & being made sound, coupled with to be restored.

Shebar, rooted in Shabar, means breakout, and being brought to birth; and underlying new birth and breakout? To be crushed and broken. Again there is dual meaning in our Lord’s words of destruction and re-creation.

Chalowph

The destructive Hebrew word Chalowph is rooted in being altered, renewed, changed, and to sprout again. It should also be noted that this is not just change, but change for the better.

In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;… down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. -C.S. Lewis

“…Nothing can be lost that is not first owned. Just as a parent is compelled by civil law to be responsible for his family and his property, so the Creator --by His own divine law–in compelled to take care of the children He has created. And that means not only caring for the good children, but for the bad ones and lost ones as well. So the word lost came to be for Mrs. Smith (Hannah W. Smith), a term of greatest comfort. If a person is a “lost sinner” it only means that he is temporarily separated from the Good Shepherd who owns him. The Shepherd is bound by all duties of ownership to go after all those who are lost until they are found.” -Catherine Marshall-

I just beheld a moving sight today. A young lad was born colour blind. He has never seen colour ever . It is impossible for me to conceive of never seeing the vast array of colour, of not seeing at all.

Dear friends, the Restitution of all things you may not see yet, but rest assured there are colours in our Father’s World. Those colours are in a vast array that when once your eyes are opened you will not know how to respond but in deep sobs of Holy>>>Holy>>>Holy.

God’s Ultimate Intention -Dr. Albert Jenke-

"Law and Grace" , by Andrew Jukes

From the Writings of William Law

"ALL-In-ALL" , by A. E. Knoch

A Study In Job and Jonah

"Christ Triumphant" , by Thomas Allin

TRUTH vs. "Sacred Cows"

Prelude and Summary

Paul’s Soaring Logic

To “Seek” – Or To SAVE

"Holiness Of God" , by R. C. Sproul

"Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow"

Scripture Reference and Major Premise Outline

Universalism: The Prevailing Doctrine Of The Christian Church During Its First Five Hundred Years … by J.W. HANSON, D.D.

Excerpt from “Christ Triumphant” — the true meaning of the words “Aion” and “Aionios” … by Thomas Allin

Book “Christ Triumphant” … by Thomas Allin

Book “Restitution of All Things” … by Andrew Jukes

Growth In the Realization of God … by James Coram

The Recognition of Universal Reconciliation … by Ernest L. Martin

"Calvin and Election" , by Dr. C.D. Cole

THE GRANDEUR OF GOD’S PURPOSE

Scene 5

Now a much more restricted scene greets our eyes. We are in a garden, in which God has placed His most recent creation, man. There is a grandeur in man’s creation which is not shared by other beings, either spirit (angelic) or fleshly (animal). For man (humanity) was created in the image and likeness of his Creator.

In Colossians 1:15, and also in 2 Corinthians 4:4, Christ is portrayed as the Image of God. No other being in the celestial realms is so described. There is something very wonderful indeed in the fact that humanity was created in the image of the Alueim. This was in order that Christ Himself, God’s true Image, might eventually appear in the likeness of humanity without losing His likeness to God, and that ultimately all might be made subject to Him as the Head of the new humanity (Heb.2:8).

Man was made some bit inferior to heavenly messengers, but wreathed with glory and honor (Psa.8:5; Heb.2:7).

But how man has abused that glory and that honor! For into this garden scene of Eden, sin found an entry through the first man’s disobedience, and subsequently swept like a plague through all his descendants, so that Paul, thousands of years later, could only sum up the position by saying that “all sinned and are wanting of the glory of God” (Rom.3:23).

It is interesting to note that the deception in the Garden of Eden was accomplished through one of the creatures, a serpent, over which Adam had been given dominion. If man could not control one of the lower animals, how could God possibly bring about the subjection of all to humanity? Truly Satan had attacked God’s purposes on a vital issue, but could not inflict a mortal wound. Though Adam might die as a result of his disobedience, and though a second Man, the last Adam, might also die because of His obedience, God will still make all to be subject to Christ as the Head of the new humanity.

God formed man of the soil of the ground, and by so doing, and, at the same time, creating him in His own image and likeness, God clearly showed His intention of developing His purpose through humanity and on this earth – this speck of dust in the universe.

From now on, the heavens recede into the background. Later on, we shall find that they return in full measure into the picture. Actually, of course, they are always there, and every now and then some of their inhabitants come into the scene, as, for instance, at the birth of the Lord; but, by and large, they become watchers–witnesses of God’s purpose being enacted upon this earth. Some of them (and particularly the Adversary himself) try to interfere with God’s arrangements; but such interference is always limited and subject to God’s overriding control, as was evidenced in the case of Job. -John Essex-

1 Like