The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Two Swords are Enough

Hi LLC, I’ll take a crack at this :laughing: Doug Kings father Max, was an innovator of looking at the scriptures in a different way. He had two big books, ‘The Spirit of Prophesy’ and ‘The Cross and the Parousia of Christ’. These were incredibly eye opening books. In a nut shell, what Doug is doing is presenting the Biblical narrative in a way that not only makes sense, but allows for human ingenuity, frailty and free will. You said:

But you somehow separate these things from a ‘spiritual’ state of our standing with God. I’m not trying to be difficult, but I would say that the evolution of the material world would have to parallel the evolution of the spiritual world. Well, if God allows and advances our material world, why would he not advance our ‘spiritual world’? I realize the use of the term ‘evolution’ is repulsive to many Christians. But it need not be if we see it in the proper context. Watch all seven vid’s… think and pray about it and watch them again. It’s just 3 1/2 hours all together.

0 Likes

MM, From what I understand, the expansion of the spiritual world depends on whether or not man follows the Spirit God and lives righteously.
Matt.6:33 " Seek first the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously and He will give you everything you need."
On the other hand, the advancement of the material world could be caused by consumerism and covetousness.

I will watch all 7 videos as you suggest. :wink:

0 Likes