The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Universalism and death as God's punishement

Cindy, I am in complete agreement! I, too, believe that the ministry of reconciliation (which is being carried out in this present life), will continue post-mortem until all the lost ones are found and gathered home, and Christ’s last enemy is reached.

The following passage indicates a present ministry of the church to “the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.” The fact these authorities are in heavenly places, seems to indicate a ministry to those who are not of this earth. I recall how surprised I was when that thought first came to me.

So if even now, we, the church, are ministering to those in heavenly places, shall it not be much more so in the ages to come? Indeed, Paul says that this is in accordance with THE PURPOSE OF THE AGES. And isn’t that purpose the reconciliation of all to God?

By the way, it seems that Paul coined a new word which is found nowhere else in Greek literature. The word is ἐλαχιστερω (elachisterō) which is literally “to the leaster”,though usually translated as “less than the least” or something similar.

:laughing: I’m glad you told me about “leaster,” Paidion. I thought you’d made a typo, but this must be your own translation and so you’ve given the word as it’s written. Cool!

I hadn’t seen that passage as part of the ministry of reconciliation, but of course you’re right. Our being a witness to unseen powers is by definition intended as part of their own redemption process.

Thanks for pointing this out! :smiley: