The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Barna Group on Universalism…

I found this interesting…
read the whole thing.

barna.org/faith-spirituality/484-what-americans-believe-about-universalism-and-pluralism

TotalVictory
Bobx3

Fascinating and I managed to read it all too :slight_smile:

"]Interestingly, younger born again Christians stand in stark contrast to their peers, being much less open to inclusive or universalist views of eternity.This might prove a challenge for us, although it might simply indicate that they take the warnings of impending Judgement seriously, which is a good thing.

I think it’s interesting that Americans tend to lean toward exclusive views. I have a strong suspicion that this is largely due to our cultural bias, and you can definitely find its influence in our largely culturally based form of Christianity. I generally find people in other parts of the world tend to be more open to inclusivist views.

How many Americans would believe that everyone would through Christ would eventually be saved, but those who didn’t have faith in Christ in this life would have to go through a period of correction and would have to accept Christ before they are saved? That question wasn’t asked. Perhaps a more interesting question would be to ask if people believed there was still an opportunity for salvation after death.

Well, yes. I think even the way the question was worded shows the biased belief that universalism = anything goes.