The Evangelical Universalist Forum

A non-helpful suggestion

How about we try this, in an attempt to smooth out communicatiions and avoid smack talk, pot-shots, grandiosity, slurs, insults, slights, slander, aspersions, smears, and allegations?

The KEY - avoid discussing politics or religion!!! Brilliant!!!
We could then focus on…hmmm…uh…CATS!!!

I am showering myself with praise for this YUGE insight. :laughing:

Keep the religious discussions but get rid of those stinking zombie discussions.

Cats? Where do dogs come into the picture? Will dog discussions result in mutual attacks? http://image.ibb.co/nNiLnw/rotflmao.gif

Oh, come now James. Zombies are the life of the party. :laughing:

Besides. Since I think the tribulation will occur and bring about the zombie apocalypse, zombies are a religious discussion :wink: .

And my theological ideas, are no more crazier - then some presented on this forum. :laughing:

Also everything I add fits in, with the historical - Russian Orthodox, Holy Fools tradition. :wink:

We can have cats, OR we can have dogs, but not both, I mean, obviously - and none from Canada!! All they have is mooses anyway, and policemen on horseback. :laughing:

[size=150]Right you are, Dave!
Here are a couple of good Canadian pictures. Take your choice. Ride a moose; ride a horse!
Even our ladies do it![/size]

And to pacify James, here is a zombie love song. :smiley:

Don, *are there really *lady Mounties in Canada that ride horses? Not that I think it could not be but just asking…:laughing:

Yes it’s real! But it takes place now in a tradition known as “The Musical Ride.”

rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/riders-and-horses

Nowadays, the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) do their actual police work by travelling in automobiles just as provincial police do.

I notice that all the riders shown ride either mares or geldings. For some reason, none of them rides a stallion in “The Musical Ride.”

So, no Mounties on horses in real everyday life?

I think it still happens, but it’s not nearly as common as it used to be. Check out the following site to see Mounties still carrying out their duties on horseback:

thebalance.com/mounted-police-officer-125757

So it’s legal in Canada. But since your government doesn’t trust you with anything more than a slingshot, good luck!! :laughing:

It still happens, just like for the Forest Rangers (and related workers) here in the United States, in designated wilderness areas where motors and even bicycles are typically forbidden (except in a life-or-death emergency). Only horses and pack animals are allowed in, so the Mounties and the Rangers etc. go in the old-fashioned way. :sunglasses:

Around here, the forest “service” folks either walk or ride motorcycles/four-wheelers. That’s assuming they’re among the few who actually go out into the forest more than once or twice a year. I understand though, that there are mounted police in NYC. :laughing:

Ok, I think I’ve found a way to preserve the pristine solution from the OP - and the author, whom I greatly admire agrees - and yet be flexible enough to accomodate the progressive revelations of those who followed. Almost.
Ta, as they say, Da::