The Evangelical Universalist Forum

A post for future reference re: Unitarianism

If you take time, to study the profile links I provide…you will find the answers you seek. Especially under the Inclusivism (1, 2, 3, 4) and Hope (1, 2, 3 4) links.

So while I might say, that EO / EC - is the “best” way…And one that can take us to Theosis…which is radical in the western church…but fully in accordance, with Holy Scripture and Sacred Tradition…And is called deification in RC theology…and one can find the counterpart, in any Light ( 1, 2, 3, 4) modality. Like this one:

Does anything in Unitarianism, even come close to this teaching?

But it’s not the ONLY way. And the fact I join other groups, for contemplation practices…and spending time with folks, who are considered saintly (i.e. Amma and Karunamayi)…shows that I am “open minded”, to other paths.

Perhaps this talk, by a conservative Calvinist theologian and clergy member…at the Theosophical Society (of which I am a member, chiefly for their extensive library)…might shed some light.

And you might find, that five minute YouTube story interesting

You guys all believe in the early christian creeds, right? Or don’t you??

Here’s a little nugget:

We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

Of course they did not have the advantage of of politically driven rhetoric a hundred years later, that had to invent words to convey almost unintelligible concepts.

(clip from the Nicene Creed. The Apostles creed is even ‘worse’:
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
Waaaay too simple, right?)

See my response at Intelligent discussion re: trinity.