The Evangelical Universalist Forum

All ECT's please participate and answer honestly

BAaron doesn’t check other categories much; he might not even know it’s here yet.

But I mentioned its existence in his thread a few minutes ago. :slight_smile:

One might also mention that by clicking “View Active Topics” up at the top one can see all the recently active threads.

Though that can be a bit overwhelming at times… :astonished:

That’s all I ever do, is view active topics :smiley:

Hmmmm, I am going to pick that weird little scripture that says God’s anger last for a little while, but his love enures forever! :smiling_imp: :sunglasses: :wink:

Revival pm’d me complaining about me using the nickname “BAaron” (a combination of BA for Born Again, and Aaron) for him in this thread (he directly specified it was this thread), and asked me to please stop doing so.

While I don’t consider this nickname condescending or derogatory (I’ve explained multiple times in the past that I think it’s a very awesome nickname and I wish I had one like it!), I do know he hates it for some inscrutable reason, which is why I haven’t used it since he came back a few weeks ago.

So I have to admit: I used it here in this thread on purpose, knowing he doesn’t like people to use it, and that he would be offended by it, and that he might even accidentally admit he knows where this thread is and has read it and thereby indicate that he intentionally refuses either to report any scriptures he himself thinks are a real problem for ECT, or else to say honestly and unbiasedly that he doesn’t think any scriptures at all are a real problem for ECT.

I can’t bring myself to say I’m sorry for doing so, because that would be a lie. But I do apologize for exposing AaronC’s intended double-standard by doing something that annoyed him.

(And if it helps him feel better, I don’t plan on using that nickname for him again publicly–precisely because I know it annoys him and, under normal circumstances, I really don’t want to offend him. Even though I don’t understand why he hates that nickname. Even when I used it above, I wasn’t using it derisively; I was even using it while giving a fair and legitimate possible excuse for why he might not be participating in this thread the way he challenged all URs to do! Not that he bothered to notice that, of course. :unamused: )

Jason:
Good heavens! You are one magnanimous soul! With your wonderful attitude of sensitivity to others feelings (Revival’s in this case), you surely make a fine neighbor!

I really like this thread of JeffA’s as it reminds me very much of a thread I started many months ago titled
WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE TO DISCOVER YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT UR???

[What will it be like to discover you were wrong about UR???)

That is, both Jeff and I are making the point that Revival (then Aaron 37; why should we quibble over the name of the package ***when it’s the same package?***) is simply unable to process in any meaningful way the valid points of his opponents. There, the question “what will it be like when YOU discover you were wrong about UR??” was simply read by A37 as applying only to those who BELIEVE in UR! Which is not at all what the question asks of course…

I was, of course, trying to ask AARON 37/aka REVIVAL to imagine how he’ll react when he discovers HE was wrong – Just as now JeffA asks him to imagine which texts challenge ECT the most…

Anyway, at least we can share the joy of Christmas with Revival, if not the joy of UR…

Blessings,

Bobx3

Well here we are then - absolute silence - so I will offer a passage myself from Ezekiel chapter 24 (KJV) where God likens sinful Israel to a cooking pot…

Note this is explicitly said to be a parable…

(my bold)

Here heat is yet again portrayed as a purifying agent burning away impurity. However, even a severe burning seems not to have worked and yet! verse 13 says clearly that, even after resisting God’s attempts to purify her, Israel will be clean; but only after God’s fury (wrath in other translations) has rested on them.

This is one way of reading phrases like ‘unpardonable sin’ - not meaning languishing in hell forever but meaning the sin cannot be pardoned (see verse 14 above) but that the fullness of God’s wrath must abide on the sinner before they can be made clean.

This also reminds me of the story of the man thrown into prison until the last penny is paid.

And finally… The God who, elsewhere in scripture, will have all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth says in verse 14 ‘I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it…’ - if that holds true of fierce wrath that cleanses in this instance why will it not be true of the ‘will have all men saved’ utterance?

I can’t honestly accept the compliment that I was being magnanimous by exposing an intended double-standard by doing something I knew would annoy A37–after all, I might have been wrong and he would have still been annoyed. Moreover, I promised him I would apologize publicly in the thread if he clarified which thread he was talking about, which although technically true was still a setup for him to specifically acknowledge he was talking about this thread. And I’m sure the apology he got was not the one he wanted.

I think I would have to count those things as being strategically and tactically clever (or sneaky, depending on how much one appreciated the efforts and their results), instead of magnanimous.

But some of the other things I did might count as being a little magnanimous, perhaps. :slight_smile: (I really was suggesting a legitimate excuse for him not to have participated in the thread, for example. And I really do have no intention to publicly call him that name he hates again.)

So… no contribution from revival then :wink: Oh dear! did I honestly expect one?

Jeff,
At least I received a response in my post regarding Cor 13 and God’s love for Adam pre-fall. Only he didn’t respond on the post but only wanted to know why I’m obsessed with the whole free will vs. Det. debate.

Congrats bro! A job well done.

Yes this is the one place I guarantee he won’t post on topic (I would love to be wrong about that) :slight_smile:

Maybe we should rename “Discussion Negative” to “All ECT’s please participate and answer honestly”… :smiling_imp:

Perhaps Revival and others who believe that way don’t see any scripture that really challenges ECT. They don’t think there is any, that’s why this thread is ignored. It’s irrelevant and meaningless to them.

Nope, not one …when you leave scripture in context. Especially Luke 16:19-31 puts the nail in the coffin for UR and soul sleep and at the same time proves one is conscious while being tormented in the flames of Hell. Pretty crystal clear.

So why do you expect any different response on your thread?

The answer is - no not a one.

ow, the repetition of revival’s answers with total disregard to what others have said about those “answers” is both highly amusing and annoying.

soooo many times that Lazarus parable has been laid to rest as a “future condition of the ungoldy”

1. it’s not about believers vs sinners, it’s about Jews and Gentiles
  2. being in Abraham’s bosom is quite obviously being included in Abraham’s covenant
  3. the Jews were being told they were being excluded from this in favour of the Gentiles
  4. Paul says that one day ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED, after the full measure of the Gentiles come in
  5. so the rich man, representing Israel, while suffering, is not suffering hopelessly.

you don’t even have to embrace UR to realise this passage has nothing to do with ECT. Jesus NEVER TAUGHT ABOUT HELL. NOT ONCE.

that about puts the nail in the coffin of ECT. it all is crystal clear. and if you had studied Moses and the Prophets, you’d see that too. as Jesus said to the Pharisees of His day.

the arrogance that certain ECT’s show that their way is correct, despite all the evidence to the contrary, is staggering…

Impossible…Here are just few when left in context such as Matt 12:31-32; Lk 16:19-31; Mk 3:29 ;Heb 6:4-6; 10:26-29; Heb 9:27; 1 Jn 5:16; 2 Thess 1:8-9 and of course Rev 20:10-15. :wink:

You just don’t get this thread at all do you? :slight_smile:

Already gave you an answer just replied to your response. You just don’t get when you leave scripture in context UR goes bye-bye. You and everyone else on this board are believing a doctrine that has been declared “heresy” for almost 2000 years. :wink: I believe in a doctrine that has been the position of the body of Christ since Jesus taught it. Who doesn’t get it, Jeff? :wink:

And yet, when we talk about those same scriptures you listed in context, you disregard it… :unamused:

Well, at least you (finally) participated, even if you aren’t willing to understand that when people in your other thread answered with “no, not one”, they might also be doing so having “honestly” and “unbiasedly” looked into the matter, no less so (from their perspective) than you (from your perspective) have done so.