The Evangelical Universalist Forum

All UR's please participate and answer unbiasedly

If you had to pick a scripture that really challenge against UR the most what would it be?

I will start and I believe what Jesus said in Matt 12:32 and Mark 3:29 slams the door on post mortem reconciliation. Followed by Luke 16:19-31; 2 Thess 1:8-9 and of course final judgment in Rev 20:11-15.

I’m anxious to know what you guys think. Look forward to seeing the responses.

I don’t hear any doors slamming for either one of of us. That’s the greatest challenge for UR or ECT. Whether your talking about Cal/Arm, rapture, endtime theories or a half dozen other issues, we both have our set of texts. But there are no SLAMMING DOORS. There have been very good, God loving, Bible believing people on both sides of all these issues.

IMO it comes down to what does Jesus tell me about his heavenly father. By His life and actions, what truths did He show about our loving Father. As I humble seek His face about these issues I find that the evidence IMO is greater in favour of UR.

And as far as your slamming door texts… well I believe we’ve been there before on other threads. :slight_smile:

Thanks for responding but please follow the instructions of the OP :

If you had to pick a scripture that really challenges UR the most what would it be?

Thanks. :wink:

I thought I did :open_mouth: I gave you my view of what really challenges UR :wink:

Thanks and have a nice day :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotcha, you gave why you think UR is true… I just revised the instructions, can you pick out a scripture that you think challenges against UR the most. Thanks

And then Revival will pick the scriptures that he thinks challenges ECT the most… :wink:

Please follow the instructions, Jeff. :wink:

This sums up why nobody wants to play, Revival. Perhaps if you showed some evidence of humility and acceptance that you might possibly be mistaken in some of your interpretations of scripture, things might be different.

I didn’t realize following simple instructions would be so difficult. I have never claimed “I know it all” or to be the sole interpreter of scripture. My humility has nothing to do with following these simple instructions of this post. What humility have you or anyone else on this board shown? If you don’t want to follow the instructions, no problem… don’t participate.

Yet that’s exactly how you come off.

Revival,

I think proposing that you do the same as you are asking us to do is quite fair. If you’ll do that for us, I, at least, will do the same for you. :slight_smile:

Revival, I’ve written several posts to you that you’ve never responded to. You pick and choose what you want to respond to and when you do respond you often ignore major parts of people’s arguments and then go on and on about how UR is all “emotional” and not scriptural. EVERY position has problem texts but I don’t think you’ve ever even acknowledged a single difficulty of the traditional position, and there are TONS because it was scripture that changed my mind. And that was after forty years of having the traditional, conservative view. So, sorry, I don’t think you will get any takers here because you often won’t answer simple questions from others. If you search around this site you will find the difficult verses being discussed all over the place. You’ll just have to look.

Revival, do you think that those of us who believe in UR have not weighed all scripture in light of what we believe. To be honest though I struggled most with Matt 25, sheep and goats. I no longer do however.

Not at all… just wanting to know the scriptures you think challenges against UR the most. Thanks for following the OP. :wink:

I would say, the ones that have been mistranslated .
Now why not answer JeffA’s question?

The answer is: the ones that have been mistranslated. :wink:

*The answer is: the ones that have been mistranslated. *

Mistranslated even in your KJV?

:laughing: No, I’m just being silly…The KJV is not perfect… I just said it was the best English translation of the Hebrew/Greek.

Yes! That one doesn’t really’ bounce back’ very well does it? In addition, seeing as it’s JeffA’s question, not mine, once again it shows Revival’s double standard.

which version of the KJ Revival ? there have been hundreds of revisions ! :wink: as for your question I would say not just the mistranslated texts but the misinterpreted ones , but lets be honest there really are only a handful that could be used to
support that vile doctrine compared to the many that say the opposite :slight_smile: