The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Are you Born Again? What does it mean?...

Tom.

Sorry you feel that way. I don’t believe I have done anything to contribute to the way you feel.

:laughing: It is amusing to me that you fling at us the charge of “mysticism,” yet here you are, once again, proclaiming your own mysticism. Spirits and demons are mystical by definition. Or have you actually seen these spirits you discuss with such assurance?

Sonia

B: I don’t believe I have done anything to contribute to the way you feel.

T: I’m sure you don’t, and I’m not surprised.

T

Sonia.

What? Oh boy. Oh, I see, you have to see demonic spirits for them to be real? Have you seen Jesus? The fact you have not seen Jesus in the physical realm does not make him any less real. Sonia, Angels and Demonic spirits exist in the spiritual realm…that is why you cannot physically see them…unless they manifest themselves for you to see them in the physical world you will not see them.

Btw, The Devil and his demons are as real as this conversation rather you see them or not… look around in the world…The Devil comes to steal, kill and destroy.

1 Like

LOL I’m afraid you’re missing the point entirely.

Sonia

Not hard to do.

Who says it is a fact that some have not seen Jesus in the physical realm? Who says that some have not seen spirits (demonic and heavenly), but as Sonia points out you missed the point of her response.

Sonia and Craig.

Maybe I missed it because you did not have a point. :open_mouth:

The point was obvious, but you are oblivious. Your failure to see it has nothing to do with us, and everything to do with you. If you took the time to actually read the responses to you, you would know the point but since you don’t and skim read or blatantly ignore the posts addressed to you with questions to clarify the points, you will never them.

As I said before, whether you respond or don’t respond, answer the questions or don’t answer the questions it matters not. However, failure to respond and answer the questions before you only incriminates you. We aren’t tricking you, we have no reason to do so.

Well, I grew up Baptist (general Baptist, not reformed [particular]) and we used the terminology ‘born again’ and ‘accept Christ into your heart’, but those are just phrases. While there is often a moment when one makes a decision to trust Christ for their salvation, for many people it is a long and drawn out process. Of course, the way baptists define ‘born again’, the expectation of a sort of emotional immediate conversion, causes it to be so most baptists understand their conversion in that way for the rest of their life. it’s more of a cultural issue than a spiritual issue. I had that moment as a child and while I have often strayed from the faith (in practice, not so much belief, although I have had plenty of moments of temporary cripling doubt). I believe that I am saved by grace, through faith and that at the final judgement I will be let into the Kingdom of Heaven because Christ entered the world and conquered sin and death. I was baptised by water and spirit and I believe that the Holy Sprit is indwelling in Christians. I cannot pray in tongues and while I am often of the view that that is another area that is more ‘culture’ than an actual event, I am far from dogmatic in these beliefs, I simply have never met anyone who does pray in tongues.

rainzbow.

Awesome response. Thank you. There are over 800 million Christians that are baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, myself included.

I’m baptized in the Holy Spirit, and I pray in tongues, and I minister using various gifts of the Spirit according 1 Corinthians 12 and 14. I belong to a Vineyard church and minister on the prayer team. To me, being born again means that I was lost and I accepted God’s gift of salvation through faith, which resulted in me getting regenerated by the Spirit.