The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Burning in the Deep? Song adaptation

Singing the lovely Adele’s song “Rolling in the Deep” the other night it struck me how this powerful bitter song about the end of a relationship could, with a few small adjustments, become an EU anthem. My attempt is below. Backing vocals are in italics and I also have a version including guitar chords!

So pour yourself a beer, switch on the karaoke track, and away you go…

Rock and roll :smiley:

Just read this again Drew -

And it’s really good - it all fits so well. Yes Johnny providing Dylanesque on lead vocals is a must I say - with James adding some death metal vitamins to the mix. I’ll supplement your soulful rhythms with some spoon playing! :laughing:

Good plan Dick! I like the idea of spoons. :laughing:

I can play the spoons proper. It was always my party trick at Summer Schools. A buske taught me how to do the basic moves!!! :laughing:

I can play the spoons proper. It was always my party trick at Summer Schools. A buske taught me how to do the basic moves!!! :laughing:

love this revdrew!! I let out a little chuckle when it came to the part, “The books of Parry, Talbott, Bonda
They got me thinking Jesus could have saved us all.” Seriously, it’s really great!

Yes, I think it lends itself to being sung loudly in the shower!! Glad you like it :sunglasses: