Thanks everyone for the encouraging remarks; I’ve sure needed them lately.
The Gospel truly is wonderful good news, no time to loose good news! Everyone needs to know that God loves them, forgives them, plans to have them fully reconciled to Him with us all, and will fully accomplish his plans for us all! This is truly Good News. The traditional gospel is not good news at all. I mean, how can anyone say that “God loves you, but if you don’t… you’re going to burn in Hell forever!” is good news. It’s simply not.
So yes, the Gospel is important, and it’s important that we know what the Gospel is! Just this morning I was reading Rom. 11-12 again. It was like I was reading it for the first time ever. To sum it up:
- God is in Control, deciding who will at this time have faith and who will not. 11:1-31.
- God has consigned all over to disobedience so that He can have mercy (compassion, grace, undeserved forgiveness and love) on all. (11:32)
- This revelation of God having mercy on us all results in one busting out in Praise! 11:33-36 Doxology
- This revelation of God having mercy on us all serves as the one and only solid foundation for the Christian life as a living sacrifice, wholly acceptable to God. 12:1-2
- This revelation of God having mercy on us all and God being in control helps us not take pride in having faith, but helps us recognize that such faith is a privaledge and we are thus responsible to use our faith to serve others. 12:1-8
- The revelation of God having mercy on us all empowers us to love everyone, to withstand the pressures of persecution, and ultimately to overcome evil with good - thus being conformed into the very image of Christ! 12:9-21
The Gospel in a word - JESUS
The Gospel in a scentence - God Loves us all (you and me) and love never fails!
The Gospel in a scentence - Rom. 5:18, Jn. 3:16, Col. 1:20, Jn. 12:32, Rom. 11:32, etc.
The Gospel truly is Good News, joy to the world, and not only proclaims peace on earth but accomplishes peace on earth. Jesus ultimately saves us all from this present evil age (current reality of hell, separation from God, slavery to sin and Satan, oppression by evil, being surrounded by death and destruction, evil on every hand. God created us in His image, and to be in His image we must have intimate knowledge of both good and evil. Well folks, we’re surrounded by evil on every side, only having glimpses of good! BUT Jesus has promised that good is on it’s way and that ultimately we shall all be delivered from this present evil age! Hallelujah! See, when one really believes the Good News, one cannot help but bust out in Praise! Hallelujah! Glory to God in the Highest! And peace on earth and good will (mercy, love, forgiveness, grace) towards all humanity!