The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Creation is a Holographic Illusion

In Romans 8 it tells us that the entire creation has been subjected to futility (vanity). The word used here is mataiotés. It’s meaning and usage is:

vanity, emptiness

Usage: vanity, emptiness, unreality, purposelessness, ineffectiveness, instability, frailty; false religion.

https://biblehub.com/greek/3153.htm

The meaning of the word is vanity, emptiness. (useless, meaningless, worthless, nothing). In other words the creation is an illusion. It’s unreal. This fits with what science is now saying about how the universe may be a hologram. It may be an illusory multiverse.

I think it’s referring to the so called “fall” or sin but creation is not an illusion.

Well, I gave the Greek lexical definition of the word. It means unreal.

Vanity or emptiness were the first two definitions which are not illusions., just a description of a kind of reality.

emptiness

[ˈem§tēnəs]

NOUN

1. the state of containing nothing.

Since the universe is nothing it’s unreal. It’s meaningless. This has already been pointed out in my previous comment.

vanity

NOUN

. the quality of being worthless or futile.

To be worthless is the same as being nothing or nobody. Again since the universe is nothing it’s illusory. Again, I’ve already pointed this out above. How you missed it is bizzare.

Call me bizarre friend!

Creation is a Holographic Illusion — this language sounds like you’re now exploring the alternative universe of Christian Science :question: