The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Critical review of "The Evangelical Universalist" - Part 3

My friend (although he is passionately anti-EU) Joe (you’ve probably come across things from him before that I’ve commented on) has read the The Evangelical Universalist twice (he is an intense person in everything he does :slight_smile: ) and has posted an in depth, critical review on his blog :neutral_face:

Part 3 - A search for a Reasonable God: Universalism and Biblical interpretation

In part 3 Joe says this,
*"One thing is unavoidable: Since neither the Old nor the New Testament teaches directly that those condemned to the final state of hell will either be annihilated or saved from hell, Universalists have placed themselves among those ignoring to their own peril the prohibition of the final sentences of the Bible:

“And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire…

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.” (Revelation 20:11-15, 22:18-19)"*

He basically says that you will have the plagues of revelation if you come away from the scriptures with an universalist interpretation. :open_mouth: